• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Valueram any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dropadrop

There's a shop here that sells Corsair ddr 2100 valueram for a really cheap price. The same shop has the xms series, and it's alot more expensive... I'm supposed to help a friend build a computer, and he won't be overclocking. Still it would be nice if he could run his ram at 333mhz. The valueram costs around 80€ for 256mb, while the xms costs up to 270€ for the same amount...

"Value" ram is a pretty good deal if you're not going to be overclocking at ALL. I got some Kingston PC2400 ValueRam from a Tweakmonster computer giveaway. It was ok at stock speeds, but if you upped the FSB more than 2mhz, no post. :( I've since replaced that with some PC2700XMS, and it's far l33ter. :D

I've just heard so good things about corsair xms, that I figured the valueram could be good too. I think my friend will get an nforce2 board, so I should probably opt for some better ram.

All vakueRAM is, is RAM rated to run at CAS 3 to the best of my knowledge...
usally it still runs fine at CAS 2 and slightly overclocked, but dont expect much more than that from it.

i use the value ram now,bought it just to get my system up and running.

runs fsb150 c2
fsb180 c2.5-3-3
180-207 c2.5-3-3 unstable.

as u see ive thouroly tested my stick to its limits as im bored.and buying new stick next week.

unstable to me btw means lockups under heavy load,like gaming or folding.other applications it runs fine upto 207fsb.

so yeh i even scored same benchmarks as pc3200 with my pc2100 in sandra bandwith scores.mine is samsung chips also on the stick.

but its fine for no ocing or even moderate ocing but past 150fsb i recomend xms 2700 or 3200 c2

"edit" i decided to play some more with my ram.
im here doing this at 205fsb C2.5-3-3 X9.5=1947 mhz.yes its the value ram corsair 2100.
im just playing around so im not gonna post no benches to prove it.i have in my thread in amd cpus just so u can see im not lieing.

nothing is crashing on me.myie a version of ie will crash but its unstable at high fsb anyhow.

Last edited:
Back