• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Cortana, you're fired!"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So, does anyone have any new issues we can solve for them? It's been a while and I haven't had a chance to take a swipe at the 10 zombies in a while. :rofl:

Just kidding, but has W10 finally evolved to the point that the OS has become as manageable as M$' other platforms? Or have the users honed their skills to the point that it's finally been subdued and forced to behave? Enquiring minds want to know. (OK, I want to know). It has been a pretty controversial OS from before Day 1, so has the dust finally settled or did most people just give up?

I don't condone stealing but honestly finding a Windows 10 LTSB ISO is the way to go, use windows update mini tool, modify a few things in task scheduler, install classic shell if thats your thing and for the most part it's pretty manageable, i think the worst part of 10 now for me is the duplicated settings apps that are a windows 10 exclusive but the version similar to 7 is built right behind it. it's like windows is trying to be a mobile OS and it fails horribly, I might honestly bump my system back to 8.1 because this is stressful

There's alot to like in 10 but microsoft won't listen to customers

You don't need their mini tool, or the headaches associated with it. Or the tool who came up with that brilliant idea. Use Internet Explorer and go to the M$ Download page for W10. Hit F12 and the Developer's box opens at the bottom of the page. Click on the Emulation tab and at the bottom left is a drop down menu under User Agent string. Open the menu and select "Apple Safari (ipad" M$ now thinks you're an iPad and the page reloads with a direct download link for Windows 10. Just download the OS. Great for reinstalls without bloatware, etc..

Or mod it with this http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/msmg_toolkit.html

Last edited:
Terms of service updates. I especially like this part
We also obtain data from third parties.
from the [You have No] Privacy Statement here https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement

Services Agreement https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/servicesagreement/upcoming.aspx

Nobody ever reads these things, but it would do everyone a world of good to see what you agreed to when you installed W10, bought an Xbox, and Skyped your cousin Nellie in Poughkeepsie. And yes, Poughkeepsie is a real place, and you don't want to pick your feet in Poughkeepsie. Popeye Doyle will be all over you.

Do you know how many people will have to google Popeye Doyle? lol

That was the idea. Make 'em work for it, and pick up a little 20th century culture besides. :rofl:

edit: Ya know, you were the first person who came to mind when I wrote that. I thought "Mr. Scott will get this. He even knows where Poughkeepsie is. And I'll bet he'd be surprised I can spell it." LMAO!

Last edited:
Did you sit on the bed? Sit on the bed and take off your shoes and stick your finger between your toes and pick your feet? I got a buddy up there.....

:rofl:

so how many of you guys have eh.... :borg:

My W10 Pro is looking to be part of a benching rig I'm putting together. It won't have access to the interwebs. For that it will be dual boot with XP Pro. LOL. I might be tempted to start playing with 10 more if it weren't tied to the mobo so tightly. From what I've read, M$ seems to have given more control to the end user as of late. Or at least made control more accessible. I don't know if W10 will ever evolve in to what I would consider a great OS, but it seems to be getting less sucky. And I take in to consideration my age and curmudgeon status when comparing it to the Golden Seven. You know, "In my day...5 miles...school...snow and uphill. Both ways! Now where's my Ensure?"

I'm encouraged now about the (my) future with W10. A far cry from when this thread started. I no longer tell people they shouldn't touch it, and I point them to threads like this to so they can make it better for their uses. A rant turned in to a very positive contribution overall, IMO. I can't thank you guys enough for everything that's been posted here. :thup:

I'm encouraged now about the (my) future with W10. A far cry from when this thread started. I no longer tell people they shouldn't touch it, and I point them to threads like this to so they can make it better for their uses. A rant turned in to a very positive contribution overall, IMO. I can't thank you guys enough for everything that's been posted here. :thup:

Shoulda posted this 4 days ago.

personally i hate what they've done with the control panel like when you go to nic settings everything is so dumbed down and you have to click on something then go back for the options WE want to appear like adapter settings and junk.

Possibly...?

i think that dude forgot his tinfoil had before he started the video ezgif-4-1901711e8b.gif

Last edited:
Let me get this straight. The guy uses webservices; xbox, skype, games, office, etc.. Which are internet based softwares. EG, they do not work without accessing someone else's servers (and even worse are not private nor secure). Then complains when the server owners don't want his tripe on them. DUHmbass. The internet is not run by MS and google FYI dumbass. Would someone tell him to stfu. He is akin to going to someone's house and then saying he should be able to do whatever he wants "'cause he payed the entrance fee". Retards apparently are epidemic. In such an ecosystem as MS and google run, among others, I don't think having common sense and manners are such a great stretch to ask for. The part about user content simply means your content posted to their servers is all the proof they need-DUHH. If the software gets access to your pc, oh fing well. Apparently it would never have worked otherwise I would imagine. My only suggestion is don't get married unless you know what you are getting into. Whatever. By the time Windows 10 gets 'handled' I'll no doubt simply download installl and run a linux flavor anyways. I'm already considering it for my $3000 tablet because all the gps software has been gutted from the ecosystem and anything possible is astronomically expensive. Meanwhile, Viking still works under linux but not windows.

Last edited:
Back