• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft Will Offer Extended Support For Windows 10 IF YOU PAY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You forgot this bit
where is that line? Can't say I see it at a cursory glance in the Tom's or TPU article, either...still looking to see surrounding context... lol.

EDIT: YOU said that, not from an article, lol.

Sum them all up and it's still a negative result.
Are we reading the same charts? Neither Tom's nor TPU show that! I don't consider a 1% difference across almost 2 dozen (or just over one dozen) negative anything (TPU had it in W11's favor too, Tom's was well less than 1% in favor on W10). You'll only notice in those 'outliers'. They shouldn't be dismissed, of course, but, they aren't The Gospel, either.

Regardless, we are way off track, more than happy to continue arguing this on private
Geez... I thought this was a discussion. I'm not upset or anything.... I'll drop it and let the charts speak for themselves. Apologies.

Last edited:
Windows 7 was probably the best OS ever produced. Updates seem to just create more problems / glitches and eat up a lot of space. It's no wonder why SSDs are having to double in size every year. Debloating at least helps with that.

Back to the subject topic, I think there'll be the usual suspects. Large organisations who know Win10 works and don't want to deal with Win11+ until they absolutely have to, as well as people with systems that can't upgrade to Win11 but otherwise works fine. For that 2nd group, it will likely come down to the price. You could go to Win11 on Intel side from Coffee Lake (2017), and from AMD side it looks like it goes back to Zen+ (2018). If you're haven't upgraded your older system than those, are you going to spend much on keeping it going? I'd guess many might elect to run unpatched than pay.

I don't mind saying good bye to 10. I don't mind 11 at all, runs nice, snappy af.. everything works well. Game's seem to run ok for me..

Windows 12 is coming out next year, so maybe it will be more polished out of the gate than 11 was. It seems every other release is a dog and the next one is good.

Has been like that since DOS, one good followed by one bad/meh, followed by one good, etc etc etc...

Every new OS seems like the old OS on steroids. Win7 was like a highly corrected Vista (some things were the same or barely changed like configuration options). Win8/8.1 was about the same as Win7 but with a failed menu. Win10 was an improved Win8, and they went back to the regular menu as a lot of people were asking for that. Win11 is like an upgraded Win10. It's more like they were updating Win10 and, on the side, adding new features to Win10 to make it a separate product under a new number. Updates do not give enough money. New products give money, so even though MS promised updates for Win11 for long years and no new OS, it was clear they release Win12. I expect it won't be anything new for most users but will add support for some new devices and ARM that is unavailable in Win11 or will be just locked. I expect they want to use one OS for all devices as ARM is selling well, and MS wants a large piece of this cake.

Back