• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OFFICIAL Microsoft Windows 10 October 2018 Build will delete your personal files

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I thought I more than alluded to these reasons in previous posts........Miltary security, you and I security. There are HUGE differences there. That is a ball park reason.

Many many governmental and non-governmental organizations in the world are paying for Windows XP patches in 2018.
They *all* get exactly the same security patches.
Just like if you and I are using the same Windows 10, we get the same set of Windows 10 security patches.
That is what I am trying to say, but apparently failing... you and I are the same (we are non military consumers of their product). Of course we get the same patches. I also bet that the Military gets most/all the same patches (i've said that a couple of times), but I bet they get more/less/different ones also. The threats they face are different and more critical than the threats we face.

I have no idea what that would be, but I would bet my life says its more than just a registry entry difference between Navy non POS XP and the public's POS XP - in particular security patches.

Last edited:
They run additional security on top of the OS even if they use it for secondary tasks. I don't think they are using Windows XP to launch Tomahawk missiles. Ordinary personnel have access to these machines.
But you are correct that a different version of Windows XP exists.

It was made for a hospital client ordering untold millions of dollars worth of Windows XP licenses back in the day.
The Hospital Admin threatened Microsoft with going to Linux unless Microsoft took away the activation feature just for them. They said Microsoft can have the activation feature but it would be conditional on Microsoft paying for any losses incurred as a result of a registered machine suddenly got downgraded... hey: EXACTLY like what we just said happened in Windows 10 all these years later.
Microsoft saved the deal by taking away the activation and that's why there are Windows XP versions that do not need to be activated out there.

That article said there are MILLIONS of military XP machines. I do not know what they are doing exactly (certainly with that many its from classrooms and admins up to ships and such), but it stands to reason it could be launching missles...? Why not if it is on a Navy ship? It isn't important to get the ship(s) to the location? Launch aircraft off the decks? Monitor systems...

It doesn't just need to be launching missles to be deemed important and have different/additional security updates, bud. :)

EDIT: We will have to agree to disagree and move forward. Cheers.

Last edited:
Back