• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpuz got errors at high mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rhino56

not sure why, but after i got up above 4.3 it started getting weird.
it would say driver error upon startup and then not read the mb and missing some stuff.
overclock7.JPG

i think that once your above a certain speed cpuz doesnt kno how to read those things anymore...ive heard of this happening be4

Sounds like a possible memory error...try lowering the memory timings a little or if possible...up the voltage...

glock19owner said:
Sounds like a possible memory error...try lowering the memory timings a little or if possible...up the voltage...
voltage was 1.7 im not gonna go any higher then that.
memory was set as far relaxed as i could set it in that screen shot.
im wondering if it has anything to do with hyper threading. i forgot to disable it when i was seeing how high mhz my chip would go.

Sophisticated said:
well i guess my thoughts didnt count
well i got up to 4360 and thats as high as i could get it without crashing just now. i turned the hyper threading off and it seemed to help. i have no idea why it happened.
i reinstalled it today because even at the 4.1 ghz speed it kept doing the same thing, so it was fine after the reinstall and it seemed fine right up to 4360 mhz.

i really wish i could get up to 4.4 or even 4.5 mhz. but i guess with no volt mods this board isnt going to do it.
it does run perfectly stable at 4165.
im pretty impressed with this chip that it did post at 4360

i have heard also that some programs wont read after a certain speed but what about the 5.25 ln2 posting. that seemed fine.
so i tested just now and it was random i guess.

I don't think this applies here but, the Hardware Doctor program that came with my ic7 will give missing driver errors when I try to load the program when xp pro first loads up. If I wait 1 or 2 seconds b4 opening the program it works fine. Go figure... :rolleyes:

-Tyrinon

Back