• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Create Your Own Video Games, For Free!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I used this program years ago. I went to FMCC over the summer for a game making course. We used GameFactory (which was crap) and then I found gamemaker on the internet after that course. We also experimented with making 3D environments using 3D game maker or something. It wasn't really advanced as i was young and we just used programs like that.

I also tried out RPGMaker which I really got into, but never finished a game myself. It wasn't that hard to make a game once you get the hang of it. making the environment was simple, but some of the events got annoying. it was a lot of fun messing around with it though and I remember playing a lot of games people made using the same program and they were a lot of fun.

Even though I did try out gameMaker I didn't really get into it much. I made a few little games fooling around though.

ive always wanted to get into something like this but my time is split between dreamweaver, server setup, and sony acid

I used that a couple of years ago, I think I first used version 4 (or 3, not sure). I've made a couple simple games, but I was never able to think of anything better to do with it. I also used it for a homework project or two.
I've also used 3D Gamestudio, but I never really figured that out. I could never get the room I made to be big enough while still being able to easily add objects to it.

Back