• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom Drivebay Speakers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

loler coaster

Registered
About a week and a half ago I ordered a pair of Logy**** desktop drivebay speakers upon arrival I quickly open it up and found one of the lowest quality sounding set of speakers I have ever heard upon inspection I noticed that the speakers were that of the usual cheap o Bluetooth speakers that you would see in Walmart and then saw that the amplifying module had just about nothing on the board I also found the fact that the 3.5 mm audio cable had the run out the back of the PC in order to work so I quickly orded the new speakers, a usb audio card, I had a usb front panel cable from a retired hp,and used an audio amplifier from an old set of PC speakers I had lying around. I had to dremel away an eighth of an inch of plastic after removing the old speakers and a bottom half inch of plastic as well I removed some of the original screw mounts as they were not being used and we're not going to be ,moved the molex pin from the 5 volts to the 12-volt . after I got the speakers in it was a bit of a snug fit to get the grill back on but everything else fell into place pretty quickly with some soldering I used the original headers from the old amplifying board in order to make it easier to install and remove. 20180701_161217_zpsjfaoboji.jpg 20180701_161212_zpscfkxv3tv.jpg 20180701_161144_zpshtd1pc8j.jpg

Neat. Thank you for sharing. Any pictures of the old gear for comparison?

Edit: You may want to crop out the high school ID card in your last image.

I think this is pretty cool, particularly the work and creativity that went into it. :)

That said, I'd rather have L and R speakers for better soundstage development (its likely these speakers will not sit directly in front of the user).

Back