• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Custom Lighting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

T.J

Registered
[Not sure if it is in the right location "Cases and Case Modding"]

I've heard of people setting up lights in their computer, not just any every day setup. The light setup I've heard of will flash to whatever is going on in game.

Example: Playing Call of Duty Black Ops, whenever you get shot lights in your computer will flash red.

Example: If you fall into water or swimming in game, your lights will turn blue.

I've been wanting to try out this light setup because I'm into computer modding and PC gaming. I don't have any idea on how to do this. Is there a software that is needed or what kind of hardware would be needed as well? Any ideas? Thanks!

It's really simple, just buy a cold cathode kit with a sound activator. Every time there is bass or a boom it will flash if you have it in that sound mode. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16800888072 One of these Logisys kits will do it if it comes with that activator. To be honest, you'll find it amusing at first but it will really get on your nerves after a while, especially at night with all the flickering going on. You'll be also paying attention to the game and not the lights as much. It's cool to show off to friends and family but that's pretty much it. Quality control also on the sound activators are poor and cheap so don't expect too much from them.

That's all you do, no software needed, it has its own mic and that's how it reacts. LED kits don't usually have sound activators so you'll have to go cold cathode.

Thanks

Thanks on the information, just wondering, is there a way to do it with software or only by sound?

Back