• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cyberpunk 2077 -- 10 FPS with a 2080Ti overclocked ;)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPL Tech

Cyberpunk 2077 is the Crysis of 2020. On all max settings and 4k res, I am getting 10 FPS on an overclocked, water cooled 2080Ti. It's pushing the card so hard I saw the peak power limit jump to 175% which is way, way higher than any other game I have ever seen. GPU usage is pegged at 100% and power limit fluctuating around 150% even though the BIOS caps it at 124%.

hahah Of course throw DLSS on and lower ray tracing to medium and then it jumps to 50 - 60 FPS. DLSS is the money but damn this game is demanding. Could honestly use another 2080Ti in SLI.

it would be nice if Nivida dident suck so bad and fully unclocked these cards so I could get a real overclock on this thing. No reason why I cant push 2300 MHz safely on water.

I don't see an image there. You can host images here if you click on "Go Advanced" and click on attach image icon in the bar. :)

I just noticed that the board rejects 2560x1440 photos, but not 2560x1080. Despite they go into a thumbnail that's no where that big, still won't let me set it up so that it expands to 2560x1440 when clicked. :( (or max monitor res)

So I had to scale down a photo to a lower vertical res. :(

Albeit the error message box has unreadable text or no text at all, lol.

2569X1440 works fine here...

right click on the image and open in a new tab for full res. :D

View attachment 212447

I tried to do the same thing hours ago and got an error report with a box that I couldn't read. I guess, despite that error box, it's because I went over a file size limit.

The problem is most likely to occur with screenshots in Windows. I think I'm going to make the file sizes smaller.

Last edited:
Is it? I save them as JPG... no issues even with 2x 2560x1440....

TEST2.jpg

Thats a 500kb file.. the other image was 600kb. ;)

The next time you run across an unreadable dialog box from OCF.. capture a screenshot and let us know.

Thank you a lot. I didn't remember having that problem, even with PNG for a while. Yes, JPG usually solved the size problem in the past.

Of course, I ran into the issue after the monitor upgrade.

Despite the panel being a TN, according to Acer, it looks like they tried hard to make it IPS-like! It does look like it's a TN, when I look from the right-side. (I see orange/yellow)

But this is a TN I can't really recall seeing before, when looking at it in the normal position, it looks more like a poor-man's IPS or VA. But even when I say "poor-man's", it looks very good in PC Halo MCC!

For the stuff that requires IPS or VA, I still got that LG ultrawide monitor.

Last edited:
9.5MB picture? Resize it. 9.5MB screenshot in 2000? lol

Yeah, I see peaks there... not sure if that is reading right.. but it's there.

It's a 4k image. 1080p is what you watch on your cell phone. It's obsolete these days. And modern games are like 150 GB, so 9.5mb is the equivalent of bending over to pick up a **** covered penny on the sidewalk. It's not even large enough to warrant thinking about. I think out of six games I am taking up about 600 GB on my SSD. So I'd say the forum needs to get with the times. People have 2,000 mbps Internet connections these days. My connection is 600 mbps and it's just the 'mid level' connection my ISP offers.

It's a 4k image. 1080p is what you watch on your cell phone. It's obsolete these days. And modern games are like 150 GB, so 9.5mb is the equivalent of bending over to pick up a **** covered penny on the sidewalk. It's not even large enough to warrant thinking about. I think out of six games I am taking up about 600 GB on my SSD. So I'd say the forum needs to get with the times. People have 2,000 mbps Internet connections these days. My connection is 600 mbps and it's just the 'mid level' connection my ISP offers.
lol... you crack me up.

1. What does game install size have to do with a screenshot taken from one?? (Don't answer...it's nothing)
2. What does 2 GbE have to do with anything? (Don't answer...also nothing). Also worth noting is that the US is notably slower in average ISP speeds. Just because 2GbE or GbE is out doesn't mean many have it. I rock 400 mbps with 1GbE the max in my area (large suburb of a capital city.. not rural). We make a fair amount of money, but GbE isn't worth the price of admission..even with 6 pcs, 4 phones, 4 tvs, and numerous other WAN enabled devices it works great for us ( a lot of streaming video/music).. so it's a useless metric... we aren't talking about how fast it takes to DL/UL 9.5MB. ;)
https://www.speedtest.net/global-index#mobile
3. 1080p and lower is what an overwhelming majority play on according to steam. Last I checked steam hardware states 4k UHD use was around 2-3%.
4. Save it as a JPG and the 4k image easily works fine. 8 believe our limit is 4MB which is plenty for most images...especially when saved in a less heavy file type.

Listen...we're a bit off topic, so I'm just going to squash this here. If you'd like to discuss our image size limit, I'm happy to do so in the appropriate section and thread (you'd have to create). This is for cyberpunk...I had no idea it would take multiple posts to hash this out.:)

Last edited:
i think i''ll wait to play it til:
A) a few more bug-fix patches come out.
B) i upgrade my PC

though, to be honest, my 2070 super (technically 2 in the machine, but Precision X1 only shows 1 card clocking up) on a 60Hz dell 2560 x 1600 is running 55+ fps on Horizon Zero Dawn ultra settings, and Control max settings, including ray tracing. Funny story, i actually had to engage V-sync on Outer Worlds to keep it from crashing, even though it was running 90+ fps. back on topic: my current rig can prolly handle Cyberpunk just fine at 2560x1600

my sig contains plans for the 4k rig, though i haven't settled on monitor yet. i'm actually considering an LG OLED 55" G-Sync TV, since the current 32-43" inch 4k 144Hz monitor market is completely lacking HDMI 2.1 support.

inch 4k 144Hz monitor market is completely lacking HDMI 2.1 support.

Ugh, yea so are the video cards. Even a 3090 on water in SLI cant support that. There is no current technology that can support 144 4k. Your 2070 is going to get absolutely destroyed on 4k. I have a 3080 overclocked on water and even it cannot hold 60 FPS in some games on max settings. Even a 3090 wont hold steady 60 FPS at 4k 24/7 in Cyberpunk.

4k is a VERY demanding resolution and even the best cards heavily overclocked continue to struggle on some titles.

I just read the first line of the OP's post. The difference between Cyberpunk and Crysis is that CP is reported to be a broken buggy mess. :)

For a showcase in doing things right, check out Baldur's gate. If you loved Divinity 2, you won't be disappointed.

Back