• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cyberpunk 2077...sooooo excited

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, little rant here, although I'm thoroughly loving the DLC so far, there are some situations that are less... optimized? So far I actually liked the little changes in dialog the devs made here and there in the main questlines, and V's speech patterns have remained constant even while having he's personality overridden by johnny, now they're changing for the worse and adding inconsistencies that seem to have nothing to do with the shard. He's using shorter sentences, contractions, overall acting like your regular choom we like to clean up from the streets so very much, and for example with the meeting with Mr. Hands, we sound downright dumb. With my corpo background I should be completely up to speed with all the political maneuvering, or at the very least quick on the uptake, like I've been with all other conversations in the game, but for some reason my character only has lines that would be more in line with the aforementioned gonks. He doesn't know/care about what's going on in the background, and we can actually feel the disapproval of Mr. Hands as he can't have a better conversation with what (I assume) he would have thought was an intellectual peer. Could be ofc I'm just nitpicking/projecting, but let me know what you think?

BTW, good read he's got there, and he very much acts/sounds like the quintessential posh villain :love:

Clipboard04.jpg

Patch 2.01 is up, along with some free goodies to download :thup:

Ok, little rant here, although I'm thoroughly loving the DLC so far, there are some situations that are less... optimized? So far I actually liked the little changes in dialog the devs made here and there in the main questlines, and V's speech patterns have remained constant even while having he's personality overridden by johnny, now they're changing for the worse and adding inconsistencies that seem to have nothing to do with the shard. He's using shorter sentences, contractions, overall acting like your regular choom we like to clean up from the streets so very much, and for example with the meeting with Mr. Hands, we sound downright dumb. With my corpo background I should be completely up to speed with all the political maneuvering, or at the very least quick on the uptake, like I've been with all other conversations in the game, but for some reason my character only has lines that would be more in line with the aforementioned gonks. He doesn't know/care about what's going on in the background, and we can actually feel the disapproval of Mr. Hands as he can't have a better conversation with what (I assume) he would have thought was an intellectual peer. Could be ofc I'm just nitpicking/projecting, but let me know what you think?

BTW, good read he's got there, and he very much acts/sounds like the quintessential posh villain :love:

View attachment 363152
Didn't know Jeff Bridges and Confucius got a kid together!

Okay... You seem like the guy to ask about this...

I was on, I believe, 1.63... FOREVER. I finally decided to update today... and the update took, literally, ALL DAY. (I'm beginning to wonder about my 1TB QVO drive...)

Wasn't the download that took forever... (the 56GB were done almost instantly thanks to my new fiber connection) it was the patching AFTER the download that took hours... with the progress stuck at 94%.

But, get this... THAT's not even what I'm upset about.

When it was finally done updating... instead of me being at the latest version (2.02)... I WAS ONLY AT 2.0!

Which means that I had to patch the damned game AGAIN... immediately after the first one!

It's still going through that patch now (I'm using GOG not Steam).

Now of course the PROBLEM is that I don't even know if it's taking me to 2.02... or just 2.01... after which it might have me patch AGAIN!

And each patch... even if it's just a .01 patch... is 56GB and takes 4-6 hours to install!

So my question is: Would I just be better off deleting the game and reinstalling each time (rather than patching) or would that just install 1.63 and I'd have to go through everything again anyway?

This is just insane.

Should I just free up like a hundred gigs on the install drive? Or would that even make any difference?

If you got the game from GOG and still have the installers sitting on your disk, recheck the website, you should have the patch for 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 separate and/or straight 2.0.2 installer. Just re-install the game, seems like something got stuck and it SHOULDN'T delete your saves. If the installer is dealing with compressed files, yes, freeing up some space is required, but the "end product" is only ~77gb 👍🏻

I didn't have issues and it only took a few minutes to install on a regular SSD, BUT I got it from Steam, don't know how different the process is 😓

If you got the game from GOG and still have the installers sitting on your disk, recheck the website, you should have the patch for 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 separate and/or straight 2.0.2 installer. Just re-install the game, seems like something got stuck and it SHOULDN'T delete your saves. If the installer is dealing with compressed files, yes, freeing up some space is required, but the "end product" is only ~77gb 👍🏻

I didn't have issues and it only took a few minutes to install on a regular SSD, BUT I got it from Steam, don't know how different the process is 😓

The process... is VERY different. The first patch (to 2.0) was, as I said, about 4 hours. That one was 56GB. Turns out the one from 2.0 to 2.02 (it just finished) was only 13GB... but it still took 3 hours. (I was there when both of them finished... so I know exactly how long it took.

With GOG... it downloads the patches to a "Game_TEMP" directory (it deleted the 2.0 update when it started the 2.02 update).

Still don't understand why it didn't just take me straight to 2.02 from 1.63 in the first place.

But now I can finally do what I REALLY wanted to do today...

...which was play Wing Commander 3.

Damn, that sounds like 5400rpm times, I would not expect that kinda pain on any SSD nowadays (ok, MAYBE dram-less), definitely was the patcher unzipping+patching+re-zipping the multi-gigabyte .archive files on Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc... Regardless, glad you got it sorted, it's worth it :thup:

Damn, that sounds like 5400rpm times, I would not expect that kinda pain on any SSD nowadays (ok, MAYBE dram-less), definitely was the patcher unzipping+patching+re-zipping the multi-gigabyte .archive files on Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc... Regardless, glad you got it sorted, it's worth it :thup:

Oh NOOOOOOooooo... The problem is FAR from sorted. It won't be sorted until I toss this drive in the TRASH.

Thank goodness 1TB drives are pretty cheap these days... I'll still need a bit of luck though. Want to get something locally.

Erm.... Cheap but............

Samsung 870 QVO 1 TB Review - Terrible, Do Not Buy

"While the drive starts out great, at 500 MB/s, write rates drop fairly quickly, to below 100 MB/s, which is slower than most hard drives!"
  • Very low real-life performance
  • Way too expensive
  • Horrible write rates when SLC cache is exhausted
  • Inconsistent performance
  • Small SLC cache
Personally I wouldn't use this for anything but backups 🤷🏻‍♂️ Check out the EVO instead (or equivalent from other brands, read that WD is pumping some decent cheap SSD/m.2 lately), I've had the older 860 EVO going on 4y now as gaming drive and so far zero complaints.

Erm.... Cheap but............

Samsung 870 QVO 1 TB Review - Terrible, Do Not Buy

"While the drive starts out great, at 500 MB/s, write rates drop fairly quickly, to below 100 MB/s, which is slower than most hard drives!"
  • Very low real-life performance
  • Way too expensive
  • Horrible write rates when SLC cache is exhausted
  • Inconsistent performance
  • Small SLC cache
Personally I wouldn't use this for anything but backups 🤷🏻‍♂️ Check out the EVO instead (or equivalent from other brands, read that WD is pumping some decent cheap SSD/m.2 lately), I've had the older 860 EVO going on 4y now as gaming drive and so far zero complaints.

Yeah... That's what I mean. My QVO is going into the trash. It's NOT even good enough for backups! Half the time it slows down to ZERO kb/s. ZEROOOOOO.

I'm really liking the updates...sorry to hear that it takes SOOO LONG to update after the download...definitely not what's supposed to happen. (I didn't even really notice the patching taking any time on my rig).

I like the new perk system...and the new focus on cyberware.

Also - much more random things seem to happen while cruising through the city:

- I have seen a few times when cars get stuck in traffic that one of them just "freaks out" and starts smashing into other cars
- I have seen folks getting into fights...but they don't have the "bad guy" symbol over them

In this playthrough, I am definitely going to complete all of the Cyber Phsyco questline.

My last playthrough was basically sniper rifle, assault rifle, handgun for my weapons. This playthrough, I am much more focus on hand-to-hand...along with perks and cyberware to help me out here.

See a large group of bad guys? Sneak up on the first one...wring his neck...pull out my sword and knock down 3 or 4 more before the bullets start flying.

Fighting a melee guy who is good at blocking? Pull out my handgun and empty it at point blank range.

Oh...and I love being able to block and DODGE bullets now - hehe.

Completely agree with pistol+silencer/ar/sniper, it's my default combo. Oddly never been much of a melee unless I have to, but always go for the electro gorilla arms just in case. No berserk or knives either, always ranged techie which is usually my default in games like this (Mass Effect comes to mind)... Yes, I sneak a lot unless I'm in a hurry, which then makes me go full AR on everyone I see 😅

Also, yes definitely more accidents on the road, but oddly it's never bad glitches, it's always funny ones worth taking a screenshot 🤷🏻‍♂️

See what I mean about funny glitches? This is what happened to the security guard in the Jinguji shop Downtown after the cyberpsycho attacked...

Clipboard01.jpg

Back