• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danger Den's new pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
RWow, that's good news (not the minumum 100 order from Iwaki part though;)). UberBlue, what's the model string of the 12V ones? And do you know of any retailers stocking single 12V/24V WMD units at this time? And I may as well also ask if there are any Japanese motored 12V or 24V Iwaki pumps being made ;).

These Laing pumps look good, but don't they have a *really* short lifespan, as forecasted by the manufacturer?

felinusz said:

These Laing pumps look good, but don't they have a *really* short lifespan, as forecasted by the manufacturer?

according to their site, DD are going to give a 2 year guarantee so it can't be too short...

I think you're confusing the Laing pumps with the Johnson pumps.

Yes, you are right. I just re-read the other thread on these pumps (Beer Hunter's thread), and the thread you posted a while back that had more detailed information on the Johnson pumps.

I'm a little bit shocked that Danger Den can offer such low prices in these. I'm also wondering if perhaps someone at Danger Den read the other thread here, and got them ordered up directly because of it :)

felinusz said:
I'm a little bit shocked that Danger Den can offer such low prices in these. I'm also wondering if perhaps someone at Danger Den read the other thread here, and got them ordered up directly because of it :)

You can almost count on it as being a result of BeerHunter's thread.

Nah, they'd be selling them direct. Price per pump from Laing falls into the mid-$60 range if you order enough of them (~1000).

Depends if DangerDen are selling them with molex connectors or not - probably not - not that this is a big deal.

Including delivery to DD, figure on that DD are making $10 or so per pump at $80 selling direct to the public, which I figure is a decent amount so long as the pumps don't all start failing or something. Depends on the warranty/repair arrangement they've worked out with Laing.

I'd be more surprised if resellers stocked them at $80 each. I guess that would be doable if DD arranged for Laing to mail pumps direct to resellers piggy-backed on top of DD's volume discount bundle. Resellers do tend to like at least 20-30% margins though. I would've figured that $85 would've been a fairer price if selling direct to cover their own butts, but perhaps DD are just being aggressive to compete with the Swiftech MCP600 which is also priced at $85.

I have to say that DD seem pretty happy to live off quite small margins.

can someone tell me how one of thse would perform compared to a eheim 1250? The rest of the stuff is a dtek procore, cascade, and t line. 1/2inch ID clearflex. I know in the procooling review recently it said about 1.55gpm for mysetup estimated, what would it be with this new dd pump? (estimated i mean)

Spanko said:
can someone tell me how one of thse would perform compared to a eheim 1250? The rest of the stuff is a dtek procore, cascade, and t line. 1/2inch ID clearflex. I know in the procooling review recently it said about 1.55gpm for mysetup estimated, what would it be with this new dd pump? (estimated i mean)

Cathar diagramed how it destroys the 1250 and many others here:
http://www.employees.org/~slf/images/pq2.gif

Keep in mind a 1250 is $60 PLUS the Relay @$20 puts you at $80. Same as laing and trivial install.

Price/performance this laing will OWNZ jooo. (assuming it's quiet and laings charts are representative of performance)

Look for review in the original laing thread.. then decide.:)

Will have two D4 pumps to test on Monday. Ordered independently of DD. However, now that I have the pumps and DD are going to sell them, I am highly hesitant to post anything which might end up being effectively free promotional material for Danger Den.

Again, though, the pumps that I am getting are slightly different to those which DD are selling.

i been lookin to replace my hydor l30 wich makes too much noise for my taste

first i thought of the mag 3, since most ppl seem to like it down here, but now i think i might get this, what u guys think? yeh its 2x the price, but i am a college student who doenst have time to fiddle with stuff atm, and this pump seems hassle free, am i right?

btw, im still new to water cooling, so i dont understand these pump flowcharts just yet :eh?: , is t his a good pump vs the hydor l30? i have maze 4 cpu + gpu and a heat core

thanks

With that setup, that isn't very sensitive to flow, I would be looking for a low heat pump, such as the MCP 600 or this. The Mag 3 would be a poor choice to get rid of noise with.

Yeah, Cathar, thats what I hate about forums. I dont post a good amount on here either because of that.

Jon

I'll just tell ya that I wouldn't go the 12V route unless you have a very powerful PSU. I'm not sure what the wattage is on these pumps, but usually a good pump is the equivalent of like 10 120mm fans. I used a 12V for about 2 weeks before I figured out that the damn thing was sucking all the jiuce away from the rest of the computer. If going this route I would buy a criticool card that gives you an external molex connectorthat you can plug in to a wall outlet.

Istari1 said:
I'm not sure what the wattage is on these pumps,

Yes - I'm not sure either. I couldn't see where wattage was stated anywhere on the picture in the opening post.

I'll post it again here. Maybe you can see where I missed where it says "Power consumption [W]"

power_curve_lg.jpg

why not check the wattage first, and THEN post ?
go ahead, ck, and revise your post to reflect reality

16 W isn't so big consumption, is it?
a 120mm tahes about 10w.
so it should work fine even on a normal 300W PSU

The Big One said:
16 W isn't so big consumption, is it?
a 120mm tahes about 10w.
so it should work fine even on a normal 300W PSU

~16W is only at peak flow (~23LPM).

In a typical water-cooling loop the restriction of the setup will reduce the flow rate down to around 8LPM (480LPH). We're talking more typically a ~13.5W power draw, or about the same as two medium speed 12cm fans.

Yes - a 300W PSU should have no troubles with the pump.

Why hesitate to review? If its bad, say it, if good say that. Thats what all online reviews are, advertising though they may be. If they advertised, we probably couldnt get them for the price so reviews are good things, ANY review here or procooling is an ad, so why not do a pump thing, or at least let pHaestus update his pump roundup.

Back