• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dawn Of War .......... Impressions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Who said turtling doesn't work? I just crank out a few squads, boost them to full strength and give them heavy bolters and missile launchers and put turrets all over my front line until I'm up to full strength and move the line forward, reinforce my position and repeat.

Yeah turrets mow down infanty, but suck against anything else.

Vehicles batter turrets in like 10 seconds.

I play many RTS's, Generals, WC3, SC, RA2, all the goodies. I can say that this game almost tops the king (IMO), Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. DoW is so damned good. I love MP, although i hope there's more people on it and they refine the system to ahve less bugs and have it easier to find auto-match games. Other than that, i think that the custom badge thing rules (wasn't that in HW2 though? i duno, still cool). Squads are just freaking awesome, i love having squads over individual troops, because what do you do with individual units anyway: put them in squads. Also it's pretty sweet that infantry can't take out a tank without heavier fire, which is very realistic. Ending animations for the death of heroes and "ultimates" are freaking awesome, and the graphics are AAAA++++.

I do dislike the game for the RETARDED ork names of buildings and units. Sure, i know it's part of the whole warhammer universe, but for the love of GOD name it normal things. It was funny at first but it's irritated me lately when i play as them. Also, it's annoying when you can't find any auto-match games, but i'm sure that will be fixed (maybe? lol).

My verdict? 9/10 Chowdies. :D

Back