• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DayZ standalone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I rebound nearly every key as soon as I started playing DayZ. Sometimes, I don't understand the default bindings developers choose at all.

LOL I did just that before playing yesterday. Never again will I take the leap of faith.

Also question, is fall damage setup correctly in this game? Reason I ask is I was in that barn with the mirrored stairs on each side and I walked off the 3rd step from the bottom and died? Couldn't have been more than a 3-4 foot drop?

^ In the mod, you have a high risk of taking damage/broken leg from that. Done it many times myself because I accidentally double tapped my keyboard. I don't think I ever died....unless zombies got to me afterward.

Arg well I know there's many hardcore DayZ supporters in here but I've given up on this game for a while. Played a lot during this 4-day weekend only to be left extremely irritated on several occasions. Nothing like wandering 3-4hours between both airports, towns, etc... only to be killed from a guard tower that the floor just mysteriously gives out. The final straw for me was spending 3 hours gearing up, linking up with friends, and then walking through this ravine and being launched into the sky to an unpleasant death.

For me the randon "you are dead" black screens have become to much. I died to bugs more than zombies or people. (I've actually never died to a zombie yet.)

p.s. I did have one good luck experience where my friends all died to a flying hacker with a magic M4 that never needed to be reloaded, I was the lone survivor lol!

Ive had no major issues, even playing the experimental branch. Biggest is some of the Uk Servers disconnected from the hive and dont save your character.

Still a huge fan of this game.

Back