• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ddr Memory Prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bsmudger

Hi there gurus!!
I have recently bought a kg7 mobo,it has 133 256(1600)in it,
i,ve just bought more mem of which is 256k (2100) ,i,ve tried the new mem in slot 4/3and 1 but i keep getting a single beeb continuous ,can someone please guide me in the right direction.
I now at least know that you can,t mix the mem but it still wont work on its own HELP!!!!!.

It sounds like it is not seated all the way. Try to give it a little more EVEN pressure when you seat it. It took me several times. let us no if you get it working.

You cannot boot up with the mem in slot 4 - for 1 stick you need it in slot 0 or 1 whatever is the first slot, the last 2 slots are for registered memory, and u must have 4 sticks of memory (all registered) to use all four slots. if the memeory is not registered then you can only use the first two slots.

Jason,
In the kg7 you have to put the ram in starting with 4, i know that with most boards it is reversed. Just to clarify in the kg7 start at the slot farthest away from the cpu.
oops. I am not sure about the unregistered but i am pretty sure it doesnt matter which that you should start at slot 4. here is a great resource for your board: http://www.viahardware.com/faq/kg7kr7/kg7kr7faq.htm
I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back