• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell.com?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Onizuka

Was thinking bout ordering a monitor from them, was just wondering how their shipping and customer support was.

sautegod said:
it's dell, there the best

Its true. Even though most of us don't like their computers, there service is tough to beat. They are usually number 1 and if they are beaten its by Apple.

I bought a monitor 8 months ago from them and I didn't have any problems. I got free ground shipping too. No complaints.

Hmmm, people say there service is the best...but I've heard people say it has gone down hill the past year or two. resellerratings seem to reflect this as well, says they've outsourced there support to india.

A monitor though? You can't go to wrong on that, it pretty much either works or it doesn't. And if it doesn't you can return it.

I've had great experiences with Dell over the years. They always ship computers promptly, and I haven't had a major problem with one of their products. Sometimes I have a hard time understanding their tech support people, but its nothing to stop you from buying a product.

Maybe their tech support has gone downhill over the last year, but I personally have never had a problem with it.

Yeah, I don't know personally. Just telling you what I heard. Whatever thats worth. ;)

I still think you're pretty safe buying a monitor from them though.

Yeah... all in all I've ordered three computers from Dell in about 3 years. Never had so much as a complaint about any of them. Usually they shipped it out and to you before the estimated arrival date, and never have I had a problem with a damaged box or contents.

I swear by them. I have had many people who don't want to build a rig, go to them and, not one person has regretted it. Their tech support is real good if you have all your right information. I use them now and again to find odd part numbers for me :p. And I used them for my Laptop and when it's time to upgrade I will use them again. A thing to remember is they win more awards for CS than any other OEM.

I have had fantastic service from Dell.com. In fact its because of their service that I no longer even look at Gateway stuff anymore.

Didn't dell move their tech support to make one worldwide one? I dunno, someone should ask a tech rep what time it is there. I think I heard that but I forget about what company it was.

ya i agree with the people pro dell. even though ive heard horror stories and bad RR. id bought lots of stuff off them. theyre fine. not as fast as newegg (like anyone is). only thing i advise you is dont be bungled up in their rebates or home/small bussiness deals stuff. usually its "specially rigged." if you know what i mean. not that you wont get your money back, but theyre very tricky wording, rebates, stackable coupons, etc.

I bought 18' UltraSharp LCD from Dell. Best LCD ever had, shipping was free. What else can I expect? They are really, really good. About two years ago the MB on my Dimension4200 dead, they shipped me a new MB overnight. I just grabbed a PowerEdge400SC a few days ago for $320. It has 2.4c, intel875 board 40G HD and a nice quiet box. The rest parts are almost useless. Still hard to beat that deal.

DELL service has gone down the drain in the past year but i am sure you can find better prices/products online from other reputable vendors.

Back