• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

desk top manager for 840pro help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Many thanks Silver I will download now But still I have to do 2 times Back ups is that correct ?? or just one time for both SSDs ??

Just one 1 time. I can help set you up :)

After you tell it what files to copy and where to put them, you can save the files as a batch file which is then 1 click run, it will then copy everything in the background.

yes I did understand this so if i run into a problem how would i do a recovery this is where i am confused since it is 2 different places Not one this is where i am confused

But I need to read about the program and how to use it I have already Installed it

Oh. Simple.

It copies the files, it's not a "backup file" if you will.

Bascially you tell it: Copy Folder A to Folder B.

To "restore" files, simply copy Folder B to where ever you want just as you would moving files on your desktop to a folder.

EDIT: Here is my thread that LadyFitzgerald helped me on and told me about this program: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=744363

WOW this is what I need EZ and Simple LOL Many thanks

I still have many other things to reinstall will this also work if I copy EXE for apps Because as you Know if I lose data and only have the Folder of the app this still wont work

WOW this is what I need EZ and Simple LOL Many thanks

I still have many other things to reinstall will this also work if I copy EXE for apps Because as you Know if I lose data and only have the Folder of the app this still wont work

Yes, that's the only downside :(

But, if you put your music 'n' stuff on it's own drive/partition, freefilesync will take care of all that data.

For the OS & programs, put them on it's own drive/partition and use something like paragon backup & recovery or what ever to make system images every so often.

That way you have an image of your OS & programs, and a fast backup of your music files & stuff! :)

Hello Guys

I am up and running again But this time with 2 SSD's On a Raid 0

every thing is working fine , I am just asking since this is My First raid 0 on SSD is there any thing i Should Be on the Look out ? other then backing up ? I am going crazy every Night i do a Backup to make sure I dont run into a Nightmare :bday:

any advice will help many thanks I must say My SSD's are not equal One is 119gb and the other is 111gb I know this is not the right way But it is working :bday::bday:

Firas

You can you different HDD's for RAID 0, but it's never recommended.

Firas, juts be sure to backup often, and don't unplug the drives and you'll be okay.

That is what i am doing

EarthDog I know you dont Like this set up But it is working :attn:

Many thanks

Firas, juts a note friend, its not about what one likes or does not like. Its about potential issues that can arise from such a setup from a user that has expressed explicitly that he doesn't want to lose data...

First, you will lose a bit of space, but I'm sure you have already realized that and it is not a huge deal.

Second, is you would lose a bit of speed as it will only run as fast as the slowest SSD.

Third, I recall (may not be true, I cannot find my source) that because of the odd sizes and different speeds, the potential for errors in the array are higher.

Putting all this together, for someone that is seemingly pretty worries about data loss, going R0 sure does increase the risk of that in and of itself, then you add the mismatched drives on top of it... It isn't a good idea.

I agree with you BUT I have Been going through hell Backing up C drive then E drive this is Double the work and at the end when one Fails I must restart from Scratch

I Decided what the hell let me try this and see this way I onle need to back up C drive witch I do every Night

If this Fails I will Have learned something New

Many thanks EarthDog But Let me try this out and see :)

Third, I recall (may not be true, I cannot find my source) that because of the odd sizes and different speeds, the potential for errors in the array are higher.
From my notes back when I was setting up my own RAID 0 array, ^ this is correct.
I agree with you BUT I have Been going through hell Backing up C drive then E drive this is Double the work and at the end when one Fails I must restart from Scratch

I Decided what the hell let me try this and see this way I onle need to back up C drive witch I do every Night

If this Fails I will Have learned something New

Many thanks EarthDog But Let me try this out and see :)

Just avoid hard power offs, and power outages as much as possible and that will help.

Also, are you using an Intel RAID chipset? If so, switch the cache option to "Write-Through" That way all data will be written to the disk as soon as the OS tells the disk to write it.

That will minimize any data corruption in case the power gets cut.

Back