• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Inf. no post with Pentium D 820?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ponyboyt

Registered
the 820 works fine in my biostar board, its on the supported CPU list for the DFI, but the thing just wont post. no beeps or anything. I tested my E8400 in the DFI and it posts fine. Wth?

DFI Infinity P965

pentium D + DFI = no post
Pent D + biostar = post
E8400 + dfi = post

please help, what am i missin g?

was clearing cmos every time i switched chips. Every time i put the PD in it powers up, all fans and lights come on, but nothing, no beep no screen. Even tried pulling ram/GPU to get beeps, hell i think this board doesnt even beep when there is no CPU. only time i've heard a beep is when it posts with the E8400. I'm gonna pick up a E5200 today and see if that goes. I assume it should be fine since the E8400 works.

dead board i think.....has at least one screaming cap, if it posts it just shuts off after 20-25 seconds and tries again. Tried with 3 chips. the pentium D wont post at all, but both 45nm chips i tried posted, still shutting down after 20-25 seconds. Some times it stops after 5 sec. I thought the PSU was making noise, but its a cap on the MB somewhere near the chip socket. Cant tell. Sucks cause i just got this board used about a month ago and never had a chance to try it til now....

Back