• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need HELP urgently PLEASE! Nitro R9 390 and Asus ASUS VG248QE DVI D no SIGNA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

isogamer

Okay so I just got a R9 390 NITRO today, and I have a ASUS VG248QU Monitor. NOW if I hook it up through HDMI I cable I have no issues, everything shows up and runs at 60hz. BUT ofcourse this monitor is 144hz and ofcourse I would like to run it at 144hz like I did with my 970gtx card which I used for this monitor, and it worked perfect.

Now when I hook up my DVI D cable (because that's the only way to get 144hz) I get no SIGNAL. I tried unplugging the power cable and re plugging it that didn't work and I did the same with the DVI D cable. Am I screwed here? Cause before I got the R9 390 I did my research and many indicated it should work fine?

I know this has 3D vision that only works with nivida and don't really care about that since you need 3D glasses from nivida and ofcourse nivida card to get that option. But I thought I should be fine to run 144hz with my R9 390 I thought it is universal? I mean this monitor isn't G sync and it doesn't have that option. Can some one please help me, cause I have no more money after I got this R9 390 and can't afford to change or buy another 144hz monitor. I never read anywhere that this Asus VG248QE IS ONLY exclusive to nivida cards?

Well, my first thought is that perhaps you need to press the buttons on the monitor to tell it to use the DVI input. Barring that:

Try a different monitor with the DVI [defective card?]. Try your monitor on another video card (another computer maybe) [defective monitor]. Try another DVI cable.

Good luck.

Back