• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LP UT-X58-T3EH8 vs DFI LP DK-X58-T3EH8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gilgamesh

I'm going to build a i7 system, just wondering if the "Ultra" version of the board is worth the premium over the DK version. The DK board is at ewiz for $230 shipped which is great, the UT version is still $300 plus shipping in most places. I've built a i7 system for a friend couple days ago and i really like it. Since the egg sent me an extra set of Patriot 1600 6gb DDR 3viper i'm going to put it to good use. :D. My aging opteron needs to go to a better life. I can use the $70 for a better PSU or case.

these are the main differences:-
  • PWM DK=Hybrid 6+2+2 v UT=8-Phase Volterra Full Digital PWM
  • Sound DK = on board Realtek ALC889 for 8CH HD v Bernstein audio module
  • Gfx = DK = 2-way SLI or Quad CrossFireX v UT = 3 graphics cards in 3-way SLI or Quad CrossFireX configuration
  • Lan DK Marvell 88E8053 PCIE Gigabit v Marvell 88E8052 and Marvell 88E8053 PCIE Gigabit LAN controllers
I have the DFI DK X58-T3eH6 It's the 1st DK I've tried and I am very impressed with it.
Clunk has the DFI Lanparty UT X58-T3eH8 Don't think we've seen too much ddifference between them, both great boards. Normally I go for the top one but I must admit it's a hard choice here. Probably depends if there is anything that you require that's not on DK, like the Bernstein sound or dual Lan.

Back