• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI NF4 -- I'm tired of DFI now.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yes, i'm on the jumper.

i'm thinking about the J19 mod or w/e it's called, but does that really fix the potential issue?

g0dM@n said:
yes, i'm on the jumper.

i'm thinking about the J19 mod or w/e it's called, but does that really fix the potential issue?

It might but it might also open some more potential problems. I tried the j19 mod originally and I couldn't get it to work for some reason.

Godman try to ask OCZ if they can tell you what went wrong with your PSU. We'll compare notes and see if they match. It would be a huge coincidence if the same thing on our PSU failed.

I guess it's worth a shot on my end, especially b/c I have adjustable POTs on the back of the OCZ 600w.

I'm actually thinking of selling it when I get it back and just taking the 520w... I don't think I need all the power the 600w gives...

Do you really want to stick with a "killer" mobo? Wouldn't you have a better peace of mind with something less lethal to your other hardwares? Try an Epox if ur looking to move away from DFI.

situman said:
Do you really want to stick with a "killer" mobo? Wouldn't you have a better peace of mind with something less lethal to your other hardwares? Try an Epox if ur looking to move away from DFI.

there's nothing wrong with the DFI mobo, if you use the 4v jumper with BH5 and high voltage, your gonna lose PSU's and ram and maybe the board, its been said not to use it in the past as far as I'm aware of.

Rattle said:
there's nothing wrong with the DFI mobo, if you use the 4v jumper with BH5 and high voltage, your gonna lose PSU's and ram and maybe the board, its been said not to use it in the past as far as I'm aware of.

So then what are we supposed to do? If this were any other company, they'd recall their boards. I knew there were problems when I got my DFI board but I never read once that components were in danger of randomly failing because of it.

Meathead said:
So then what are we supposed to do? If this were any other company, they'd recall their boards. I knew there were problems when I got my DFI board but I never read once that components were in danger of randomly failing because of it.

Dunno I could have sworn that people were worned somewhere, I prefer TCCD/TCC5 so i dont have a need for the 4v jumper

Rattle said:

Read what you just typed. Theres nothing wrong with the mobo except if you use the 4v jumper it could take out other components or itself? That sounds like one serious problem to me.

Meathead said:
Read what you just typed. Theres nothing wrong with the mobo except if you use the 4v jumper it could take out other components or itself? That sounds like one serious problem to me.

not if your aware of it and dont use it lol

g0dM@n said:
:( Yeah, well it WAS solid until now.

The motherboard may have bad caps, even if not as likely as with an Epox EP-8RDA+ motherboard.

Bad caps have been reported to cause the same problem that you have.

Possible, even if not bulging. Electrolyte may have been leaked on to the motherboard.

http://badcaps.net

RJARRRPCGP said:
The motherboard may have bad caps, even if not as likely as with an Epox EP-8RDA+ motherboard.

Bad caps have been reported to cause the same problem that you have.

Possible, even if not bulging. Electrolyte may have been leaked on to the motherboard.

http://badcaps.net
LOL... I've had the 8RDA+ as well.

well i;m not trying to defend DFI really, all I know is that I knew about it going in and I just wouldnt run voltage like that on any board, even if it was a "supposedly supported feature"

I am sorry about your troubles though and I wish you the best in sorting it all out.

Yea I understand and thanks for the Good lucks :cool: but it just kind of makes me mad that DFI is making money;/ I wouldn't mind seeing them get ran into the ground.

Meathead said:
Yea I understand and thanks for the Good lucks :cool: but it just kind of makes me mad that DFI is making money;/ I wouldn't mind seeing them get ran into the ground.

oh come one man its still a badass board !

I have 2 and I think so anyway :shrug:

i agree with meathead 100%.. if they KNEW that it would kill parts, why the hell did they include it on a motherboard? they are not a great company IMO because of this, (even if i love their motherboards, and i do)

Don't get me wrong. I loved my DFI board *when* it worked ;>. took me a day to get 2.750 ghz and I couldn't have been happier. Hopefully my PSU won't die again or else I'll ask DFI for an expert board or an RMA.

Meathead said:
It shouldn't be there if its a feature that helps sell the board and is causing major problems. Also I don't see any warnings on DFI's site.
I saw a explicit warning in the manual and decided I'd never try it. Too risky. But with the right memory and good cooling, an awesome OC would be possible for some one with the skills and stones to succeed. It's kinda like the gas pedal in a hot sports car. Someone could put the pedal to the metal and wipe himself out. Should they put a governer in all sports cars to prevent them going any faster than 55MPH?

Yea that is true but it says it in the manual AFTER you buy the darn board. Also , do sportscars have a magical switch that gives you 100 more horsepower and then once you buy the car, the manual says that flippin that switch could kill your car?

Also, anyone have a link to that guide for the jp19 mod on DFI street. I can't find it and I'm debating on doing it.

Back