• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DHCP Problems...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cocacolaboy

I have a big problem with my network. The configuration is:

Broadband router IP: 10.0.0.2
My IP: 0.0.0.0

Hmmm... for some reason I am unable to connect to my router to get Internet access. I have tried another cable and checked it was plugged in, tried a fixed IP and have released and renewed the IP and still nothing.

Windows reports that there is limited connectivety which is not much use, and upon renewing my IP with ipconfig it gets confused about not finding the DHCP server.

I know the broadband router is still working because I have a PDA with WiFi which connects through a wireless LAN router through to the broadband router. I have also tried a fixed (wired) connection to the Wireless router.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? :)

Your computer has no IP. Try disabling DCHP on the router and use 10.0.0.3 as an IP on the rig.

Last edited:
tried a fixed IP and have released and renewed the IP and still nothing.

when you fixed the ip were you able to ping the router?

was the sub net set ?

when you used ipconfig /renew did you get a reply?

where is the dhcp router or server?

have you check for problems in control pannal /hard ware/network card

Your computer has no IP. Try 10.0.0.2

this will do nothing as it would be in conflict with the ip of router

bazx

bazx said:
this will do nothing as it would be in conflict with the ip of router

Ah yes. Somehow I read the IP he posted as "10.0.0.1". Try 10.0.0.3, should work. The router might not like it if it's not a DHCP-donated IP setup though so disabling DHCP might help.

Last edited:
Since dicovering the problem I have tried to connect to my other router (wireless lan router, IP 192.168.0.1 as a wired connection) and nothing still works. When setting the IP to 192.168.0.4 (which is not used by anything else) it is able to connect. However when pinging the router the address 192.168.0.1 is unreachable.

Im guessing that my network card is fooked - I will try another tomorrow to see what happens. In summary, my old config was:

Router IP: 10.0.0.4
Comp: ? (could not set an automatic IP)

The router is connected to another router which has WiFi, which has an IP of 192.168.0.1 and the comp that connects wirelessly to this has an IP of 192.168.0.4. The Internet works fine on this comp. I cannot add a Wireless LAN card to my other comp though because it conflicts with my TV card (TwinhanDTV).

Im getting a new mobo, cpu and graphics card soon though, so I guess I can wait a little longer ...

cocacolaboy said:
Since dicovering the problem I have tried to connect to my other router (wireless lan router, IP 192.168.0.1 as a wired connection) and nothing still works. When setting the IP to 192.168.0.4 (which is not used by anything else) it is able to connect. However when pinging the router the address 192.168.0.1 is unreachable.

Im guessing that my network card is fooked - I will try another tomorrow to see what happens. In summary, my old config was:

Router IP: 10.0.0.4
Comp: ? (could not set an automatic IP)

The router is connected to another router which has WiFi, which has an IP of 192.168.0.1 and the comp that connects wirelessly to this has an IP of 192.168.0.4. The Internet works fine on this comp. I cannot add a Wireless LAN card to my other comp though because it conflicts with my TV card (TwinhanDTV).

Im getting a new mobo, cpu and graphics card soon though, so I guess I can wait a little longer ...

i wouldnt have said your network card is busted...

you say you have another router, you dont have DHCP enabled on both of them do you?

but anyway you can get a new network card off of ebuyer.co.uk for under a tenner...

Back