• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Router or the device gets dropped form the active clients list in the Router after 20 seconds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

videobruce

A replacement CCTV DVR just drops the connection with the Router after 20-30 seconds after rebooting. It's done it 4 or 5 times. And the connection never returns. The activity LED's on the Ethernet port on the DVR both show active (and I have changed the cable).
The question is; is there anyway that a Router would reject or 'time out' a active device either with a static IP or a DHCP address?? Or for that matter the device itself? There are no conflicts that I know of, this isn't a huge Network, usually 5 or 6 devices active at a time.
Router is a TP Link C7 v4 running dd-wrt if that matters (and yes I have been to their forum).

Any ideas here??

If you run a persistent ping to the device does it still drop?

Tried a different router port?

I'm with ED that it seems like a bad dvr/nic. Do you have a web interface for the DVR to look at logs or anything?

I like the idea of going into a command prompt and entering: ping <IP> -t. Watch it for a few minutes to see what happens. Trying a different port is also a good idea.

When did this start happening? How old is this CCTV DVR? Did it work before? Is it new?

dd-wrt was a great router OS when I used it years ago. I don't know much about it now.

Back