• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diablo 3 is official :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm sure a basement isn't going to be needed to enjoy this game :D

Has anyone heard any rumors of other classes? So far it's just the Barb and Witch Doc..

I'm sure a basement isn't going to be needed to enjoy this game :D

Has anyone heard any rumors of other classes? So far it's just the Barb and Witch Doc..

Says who? Right now im upstairs, but who knows by the time this game comes out I might have part of the basement refinished for.... THE MAN CAVE :) Gotta love the basement and gaming. Basement... gaming... dark... "creapy"... yup its all good.

Says who? Right now im upstairs, but who knows by the time this game comes out I might have part of the basement refinished for.... THE MAN CAVE :) Gotta love the basement and gaming. Basement... gaming... dark... "creapy"... yup its all good.

I'll definitely be keeping the lights off and the curtains closed for D3 play. Closest I can get to a basement without my house burning down for a re-build :-/

I would like to see some sort of druid back in there, about the only class I enjoyed playing over and over... the werewolf was heaps of fun :D

I'd like to see the necro back in all his deathly glory, but if not I think the witchdoctor could hold a similar level of enjoyment for me :)

With a total of 5...and 1 original + 1 new being announced...that means at least 1 class from D2 was cut.

I'm betting the Paladin is gone for sure.

Well, what class was played the least?

Also they'd probably add more classes in expansions - did they do this for D2?

Edit:
I'm really curious about the diablo series, particularly because I never played it. When I was younger I really had to choose what I wanted to play since I couldn't afford to buy two games at one time. It was between Diablo 1 or Baldur's Gate 1, and it was between Diablo 2 and Baldur's gate 2 (the best CRPG of all time =/ ).

Maybe I'll play D1 and D2, but I feel like I chose the right series to play.

Now, if I had to choose between Bioware's new game Dragon Age and Diablo 3, I'd probably choose DA :)

With a total of 5...and 1 original + 1 new being announced...that means at least 1 class from D2 was cut.

I'm betting the Paladin is gone for sure.
Paladin was probably the most played class, at least amongst the guys I play(ed) with.

Here is the way I see it:
Barbarian- We know he's back. Come on, how could they cut him anyway?
Amazon- Gonna get the ax. Who needs amazon when you have female Barbarians?
Assassin- Not the most popular class. Requires their own class specific weapons. Probably gone. =/
Druid- Same as above but in addition what makes the class unique (weather powers, pets, transformation) can easily be divided amongst the new classes.
Necromancer- His role has pretty much been taken over by the witch doctor. I doubt if he will make a return. My favorite class to play too. :(
Paladin- Most popular class, various possible play style that work, gotta be involved if you're fighting evil! Expect to see him coming back.
Sorceress- The different elemental powers can easily be mixed into the new classes. Popular class that has many solid play styles and builds. 50/50 chance of coming back IMO.

Well, what class was played the least?

Also they'd probably add more classes in expansions - did they do this for D2?

Edit:
I'm really curious about the diablo series, particularly because I never played it. When I was younger I really had to choose what I wanted to play since I couldn't afford to buy two games at one time. It was between Diablo 1 or Baldur's Gate 1, and it was between Diablo 2 and Baldur's gate 2 (the best CRPG of all time =/ ).

Maybe I'll play D1 and D2, but I feel like I chose the right series to play.

Now, if I had to choose between Bioware's new game Dragon Age and Diablo 3, I'd probably choose DA :)

Let me chime in on this - I played and LOVED both the bauldur's gate and the diablo series. I think any gamer with a capable PC would be doing themselves a real dis-favor by ignoring either series.

Out of the four: D1, D2 w/ expansion, and BG1, BG2 w/ expansion, I would say, on a desert island, I would choose the BG2 and D2 options as my top two to take with me (in no particular order).

Get yourself over to a bargain bin and pick these up! ^_^

Paladin was probably the most played class, at least amongst the guys I play(ed) with.

Here is the way I see it:
Barbarian- We know he's back. Come on, how could they cut him anyway?
Amazon- Gonna get the ax. Who needs amazon when you have female Barbarians?
Assassin- Not the most popular class. Requires their own class specific weapons. Probably gone. =/
Druid- Same as above but in addition what makes the class unique (weather powers, pets, transformation) can easily be divided amongst the new classes.
Necromancer- His role has pretty much been taken over by the witch doctor. I doubt if he will make a return. My favorite class to play too. :(
Paladin- Most popular class, various possible play style that work, gotta be involved if you're fighting evil! Expect to see him coming back.
Sorceress- The different elemental powers can easily be mixed into the new classes. Popular class that has many solid play styles and builds. 50/50 chance of coming back IMO.

For sure the assassin and necro are gone.

The sorceress is pretty much guarenteed imo, maybe they'll name the class something else, but a pure magical caster is 100% guarenteed.

For the last 2 classes I want to see a druid / paladin mix (generic hybrid class with defensive synergy magic) and an amazon / assassin mix (ranged / meleer hybrid with offensive magic)

I just want to know 3 things...

release date
We won't learn that for a long time I'm afraid. Game companies seem to like keeping that info to themselves just to toy with us. :(
costs
I'm gonna guess the normal $50 price tag
system requirements
It's a Blizzard game, it will run on everything under the sun and on the dark side of the moon. :D

I just want to know 3 things...

release date = 2010, most likely fall time to boost there sales numbers

costs = $50, maaybe $60 for a collectors edition type deal

system requirements = if it has DX9, it will run. Probably even run on single core system decently.

Where'd you get that date, just a guess?

Thats the date thats been floating around alot. As well fits with blizzards style of releases. They announced SCII what just over 1 year ago, and its being released sometime this fall/winter.

If the same can be held true with D3, would put it into nearly a winter of 2009/spring 2010 at the earliest add an extra 6 months for delays if needed and you get a fall of 2010 date. So you get a spread of a year. But as well I didn't notice it for SCII, wasn't paying attention but with D3 they have or had at least quiet a bit of job postings for it. So they are expanding there team to spead up the process which might speed release date but who knows. Not sure how the SC fans are in comparison but D3 fans can be very anal if you haven't noticed about there game ;)

Back