• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did Performance PCs buy Modmymods.com?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BugFreak

I know Modmymods was originally set up by some people who left FrozenCPU but lately it seems they are both offering the same deals and even using the same graphics. A couple weeks ago Modmymods fluids were listed on PPCs website and now they both have the same promo for a free back plate with 3xxx series water block purchases. It even has the same graphic.

Prices have been pretty good at modmymods compared to the ever increasing prices at PPCs so hopefully this isn't the case but has anyone heard anything?

Against my better judgement, lol, I'll bite...

What makes this suspicious?
Last time I remember PPCs doing this was when they bought Coolerguys which was a small online retailer near the PPCs location. It seemed they ran it for a while with the same name until it became more public then they shut it down. The only way to tell it was owned by PPCs was the address changed.

I guess we will see if the prices start changing at Modmymods to tell.

Like I said before, because of a string of acquisitions by multiple companies.
I got that... but you haven't explained why you feel that is suspicious. A company being acquired more than once doesn't suddenly mean it is suspicious. That said, AFAIK, ModMyMods was created from frozen and this would be its first 'buyout'... so I'm really confused where you're going with this. :)

I got that... but you haven't explained why you feel that is suspicious. A company being acquired more than once doesn't suddenly mean it is suspicious. That said, AFAIK, ModMyMods was created from frozen and this would be its first 'buyout'... so I'm really confused where you're going with this. :)

Other than that, nothing big.

It's just a coincidence.
Joe G. still owns Modmymods.
Company is local to me. I know a couple guys there.
PPC's is not affiliated.

Also, Modmymods was not created from FCPU. Modmymods was created by a couple people that used to work for FCPU. FCPU still exists, and is still owned by Mark. FCPU is local to me too. ;)

Last edited:
It's just a coincidence.
Joe G. still owns Modmymods.
Company is local to me. I know a couple guys there.
PPC's is not affiliated.

Also, Modmymods was not created from FCPU. Modmy mods was created by a couple people that used to work for FCPU. FCPU still exists, and is still owned by Mark. FCPU is local to me too. ;)

Good to know. Tell them to get some more Alphacool radiators in stock. :D

Back