• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

disabling fan1 header on abit kt7a-raid????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nakman8

I run all my fans off a seperate power supply.
Manual says you have to have a fan on fan1 header or the board will not run.
Anyone figured out how to defeat this yet?

Thank you

I think there's a bios version out there that'll allow you to run with no fan connected to header 1 - can't remember which one it is, but check the abit website and see what it says for all the bios releases.

Here ya go:
http://www.abit.nl/english/download/bios update/bios-kt7-raid.htm
This is for the KT7-RAID though, not the KT7a-RAID, so I don't know whether it'll work - however, the WW bios listed for the KT7a-RAID (only one listed) also works on all the other KT7 boards, so it would seem reasonable that the WT and UL would work as well - but I'd check with someone using it first.

The WW bios version - It needs a Fan connected to Fan1. You can't disable it in the bios. Here is what I did.

connected my FOP-38 to the molex on the harddrive. (the freekin chip is at 21c idle and 25-26c maxxed out
Connected just the fan (not the heatsink) from my old HSF. (coolermaster) to the FAN! header. I placed in a hot zone, So it would blow some air around in my case.

walla no more beep - and the system boots up fine. I am hoping that abit comes out with a bios to disable this in the future.

[email protected]

nakman8 (Feb 10, 2001 04:02 a.m.):
I run all my fans off a seperate power supply.
Manual says you have to have a fan on fan1 header or the board will not run.
Anyone figured out how to defeat this yet?

Thank you
You can do the fan mod similar to mine, so that you can use the separate power supply for your CPU fan and yet it still keeps the rpm reading. Read this http://www.icronticforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=818

Back