• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RHARLE10

Hey everyone wots happening?

I have a very big problem here i was wondering if anyone could help me out?

Whenever i buy a game wether it be a DVD Rom or CD Rom i have about an 80% chance that it wont work as after the installation a message appears saying "Please Insert the Correct CD into the drive and restart the application" as if it`s not reading the .exe file for the game to boot it up this has happened on almost ALL my games with a few exceptions like Vice City and Unreal Tournament 2004. So far this has happened on Far Cry, NFSU, FIFA 2004, LOTR Return of the King, Call of Duty and a few more i can`t remember atm. I am going out to buy DOOM 3 tomorrow as it arrives in the UK tomorrow and i am almost possitive the same thing will happen again as it happens with all these NEW GEN games with those few exceptions and all the older games are fine please help me.

Rant Over!

P.S This also happens to my good friend BrimCv who is a member here

Are you guys running any program like Daemon Tools or the image loader with Alcohol 120%? If you are you may want to try disabling them or uninstalling them to see if that fixes the problem.

This can also happen if you run your system with 2 CD drives. If you load the game onto your computer with one drive, the other cannot be used to play the game later.

Do you have the CD in the drive? ;) Also only some games require you to have the CD in teh same drive that you installed it in, but not all.

Older CD drives also just don't support some of these protections, so you might want to check out how old your drives are.

Not running Alcohol 120% with it, my system has a Lite-on DVD rom, always using the same Rom as the game is installed,always have the DVD or CD in the drive lol.
My dvd drive is 7months old as u can see both our specs are similar.

As the UK is getting DOOM3 2moz just hope it will run fine but we had problems with Far Cry and many EA games like NFSU,LOTR very annoying.

Games like UT04 are fine which makes it stranger.

Cheerz for the replies so far

Hmmm... if you cant get the CD to read in the drive, you may want to consult the internet for a CD "fix" that will allow you to keep the pertenant files on your HD, and enable you to not have to have the CD in the drive.

I get that prob with Doom III. I run the CD from the drive I installed it and I disabled all virtual drives for Alcohol 120% before I installed and never reenabled them. It makes no sense. The disc is in the drive and everything too... :\

BTW: I got a Lite-On 52x24x52 I use.

Just got Doom 3 today and guess what lol

IT DIDN`T WORK!!! but i`ve got a no cd crack which works fine :clap:

Best troubleshooting method for this type of problem is probably to reformat and carefully choose what to reinstall...

Good luck.

Back