• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dremel techniques

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Use recommend rpm (look at the package of the tool you insert), hold the dremel tight so that you don't have any vibrations and it keeps in place, cut in a right angle if possible, don't cant it, take breaks and let it cool down (the dremel and the material). That's what I'd suggest.

well my discs say to use max 35,000

wat I suually do is grove on my cut like 2 times so tis deep then finish it off

I found that pushing disc in and cutting though everything used disc faster

just take it easy and don't use such high speeds. you take a bit longer, but you don't use up so many disks... and get a flex shaft! you get better detail and cuts, especially with tight spaces and areas.

Yeah, especially the right angle part, that really speeds things up for me. I use max speeds, but take frequent breaks. Have cut about 30" of material and disc is only slightly smaller than it began with, which is actually a little annoying because I still need to get the tight corners that would be easier with smaller discs. Usually, I let the flex shafts weight provide the force, not too much but more than letting the disc skip across the surface.

Back