• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DUAL BOOT??? Just built new rig, Vista64, no drivers for my sound card!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Falseprophet

:confused::bang head:mad:Ok here it is. I recently upgraded my RIG, and discovered NO VISTA64 drivers for my Recording Studio " M-AUDIO Delta Audiophile 192 " Sound card!!! I have checked the manufactures website and it looks like they are in beta testing for the drivers, however the last release looks like it was about 3-xx-08 last month sometime and they pulled the beta driver off the sight.:mad::bang head *** So here I find myself with the $300 sound card and my $600 M-Audio BX8a Monitor Speakers starting to collect dust and no sound for my computer at the moment...

I would like to know how to Dual Boot or TRI boot, from scratch and fresh partition, Format and install. the partitioniong of the drive and formating I can do just fine, I just need suggestions, and instruction after the drives are wiped and formated. It will be on my 500G sata2 drive. I like to partition my drives MIN 3 way. (OS or multiple partitions for multipile os) (PROGRAMS) (DATA) so usually it would look like: 1st partition(XP PRO) 2nd(PROGRAMS) 3rd(DATA)... but I can make more partitions in the 1st section if that will help seperate the multiple OS's

I would like to install my XP PRO & XP Pro64 & Vista32 and Vista ULT 64

But I can change the list and number of OS. I have to have xp32 and would like vista 64 at the minimum. it is hard to tell what drivers I can get off m-audio's website at the moment, it looks as though they are changing things the sight is slow and crashing left and right. I know there are drivers for xp32 and vista32 and I used to have a beta for xp64 that worked. but at the moment none of the 64 drivers are avaliable on the site for download "ONLY selected BETA testers have access"

So in short I just need to know how to dual or TRI boot xp and vista OS's FROM A CLEAN INSTALL.

***** I have a good XP32 install on the drive atm 40 gig partition, if there is a way to dual boot that with vista 64, with out doing a clean install that would help a lot also.. I'm sorta a NEWB when it comes to this Dual Booting Stuff.

Last edited:
I don't want to steer you wrong, so do a search first about which order to do your setup. Most of the time, you need to install different OS's in a particular order to avoid F'up's.

I found a very good detailed article on it complete with scenerio and step by step pics. a take you by the hand and walk you through it kinda thing. so I am all good

Back