• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Core Opteron 165.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Macaholic

Looks like you can get a Dual Core Opteron 165 from Monarch for less than an A64 X2 3800+! You get a full 1MB cache for less money! Hurry while they last! An offer you can't refuse! :)

yeh that's what o thot. i read about it for a while now. since it's all over any of the opteron dual core threads.

this damn 165 opty is driving me nutz I almost ordered it 5 times LOL and I keep repeating to myself... 3700 at 2.7 is good enough you dont need a dually at 2.7 over and over :p

Herr Rogers said:
Cyber Deal?

Sorry. My bad. Guess I need to scroll to the bottom of the forums more often. ;) If anyone visits, please share your OC results. Thanks. Sittin' on the fence here.

Rattle said:
Oh that was an X2 3800 for $322
still monarch blows
Let me know when mwave or newegg sell the OEM processors. It's quite compelling to get an OEM processor at those prices. The retail processor's three year warranty is null and void in the time it takes most of us here to get to the BIOS and jack it up :p

Audioaficionado said:
Let me know when mwave or newegg sell the OEM processors. It's quite compelling to get an OEM processor at those prices. The retail processor's three year warranty is null and void in the time it takes most of us here to get to the BIOS and jack it up :p

This is true, sry to turn this into a monarch rant but man they irritate me. Best deal is a best deal of course, and peeps do order without incident, but their percentage of mishaps is documented alot, most retailers go out of their way to help you out when they make a mistake, but they seem to lean the other way.

Thanx for the warning. I got two 1gig sticks of OCZ from them as newegg was out indefinatly. They got it in hours after I ordered from Monarch. Anyway maybe I was lucky. Too bad Newegg is taking after the oil companies on these processsors :-/

I won't be in the market until January when I can build my new AMD64 dual core system, then recoupe the total expense by selling my Xeons/DH800.

Yeah I hear ya, I just bought a 2gb kit of G.Skill ram for $217 from newegg, pc3200 this stuff is being documented up to ddr540 on Xtreme forums, cant wait.

Then I will sell my 3700 and get that yummy 165. the endless upgrading never stops :shrug:

Back