• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual CPU or jnot HELP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

Dual CPU or not HELP?

Well planning a new system, and was thinking a dual setup, using at least Dual 1700+ chips to start with. I dont know crap about dual setups, but will i benefit anywhere except RAW MHZ, i mean the OS or win2k and Xp will use a Mp setup correct, but will all the software out, or just some progs. I play games some, and usually surf the net, burn cds and mp3's alot.

I do however do some photoediting, and video editing, ripping, encoding. I just dont wanna shell out the $$ for a good board and 2 chips, to have Photoshop 6 the only prog that really uses all that adual system has to offer.

This will all go into an Antec sx1040b case, using air cooling, 2-80mm panaflows in rear and 2 80mm Sanyo Denki's in front. (might go to 1-120mm intake), then each chip using a HS (Possibles are:Glaciator since i currently got one, or a some ALPHA PAL 8045's on each, for the 80mm fan- i want it decently quiet.) How much will a 2cpu system heat up over a single one.

the case now is 1330@1575 41c idle adn 43c load.

Please shed some light on my subject, also i am hopeing that the new chips will fit in currect sockets? that way i can run a dual tbred setup when the chips come out? any ideas?

Please list some good Dual Boards-Brand and Model

Sepcs are to be:

Dual AMD Board
2 Xp1700-2100+(not sure what chip to use yet)
Geforce 2 Pro 64 at 250/465
minimum:60 gig HD space.
512mb Mushkin pc2400
hopefully mobo has onbard sound
NIC
CDRW, and CDROM, Floppy

Last edited:
Back