• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual System Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TwoTone

Registered
So I've talked my boss into letting my build my new work PC instead of getting some Dell and having two PCs under my desk.

So planning on a simple Itx build and wondering if there are any other options for cases other than the Corsair 1000D or the Evolv X in a reasonable price range.

The 1000D is a little more that I want to spend, but would give me the rad support I need to overclock my gaming PC. Nice bonus, has spot for 2 PS as I already have a left over one I could use.

Evolv X I would need to purchase a power splitter like http://www.phanteks.com/PH-PWSPR.html- still cheaper than their revolt PS
Phanteks told me that you could only fit a 120 or 140 in the top with a ITX system in the case, but when I watched this video, it looks like a 240 would fit. Thoughts on that?
evolv X top.jpg

Would a 240 and 360 be enough for overclocking a 2700 and Vega 64?

Anyway just looking for any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks

Sure depends on the radiators. You're talking about a custom loop? My system does alright with PBO and the Vega's power limiter moved up to 300 watts in afterburner, and it just has a solid 360. Does get loud under load though.

Yes custom loop. Already have a 360 PE radiator, EK pump/res combo and CPU water block. Just waiting on my GPU water block.

I'd move my current system to the new case and get work to pay for the ITX build.

Have you looked into the Phanteks Mini XL DS? It's a true dual system that does support custom water. You should have no problems cooling a 2700 and a Vega 64 with a 360 and 240 rad.

Another option is the Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935. It's an older case now and looks to be discontinued ( I need to update my list still) but you may still be able to find stock somewhere if you look hard enough. It was a pretty popular case years ago.

EDIT: Another option could be the AZZA Ragnarok 801.

The Mini would require a new mother board for the personal system and I believe my current PS is too long

Back