• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dumb question re: Foldmonitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newbie_Doo

Admin Parent
I just installed Fold Monitor 5.13 (Win.exe version) on my main rig. After mapping all of the drives, and then adding all of my active clients to it for monitoring, I went back and am getting some strange readings on 3 of the clients. Any Ideas why I have more than 100% showing? Should I re-install the client on the three places where this is happening?

Here is an example:

Ok, what the bloody blue he.... heck..... Is that? and what is it for?

IFMU said:
to monitor your folding progress. newbie doo has it setup to monitor all his boxs locally from one pc

if setting time doesn't help just let it fold a couple of wu's and see if it striaghtens out on it's own before trying to reinstall clients

Is that the only way to see what your frames per minute are? Id be interested in finding that out. Ive jumped a good 40 spots on the OC team and Im curious as to how well Im doing as far as a comparison to everyone else?

If a PC has been off/not folding/really busy then it will not fold - foldmonitor will screw up all the averages. For example, turned my system on one evening after school to see:

David said:
If a PC has been off/not folding/really busy then it will not fold - foldmonitor will screw up all the averages. For example, turned my system on one evening after school to see:
thats still right as far as the average goes because it wasn't folding in all that time.

Newbie_Doo said:
I just installed Fold Monitor 5.13 (Win.exe version) on my main rig. After mapping all of the drives, and then adding all of my active clients to it for monitoring, I went back and am getting some strange readings on 3 of the clients. Any Ideas why I have more than 100% showing? Should I re-install the client on the three places where this is happening?

Here is an example:
That is saying that you have been folding on frame number 24 for 79.42 hours. That's impossible. The client can't be causing that unless you hadn't checked it for at least that much time. If in fact you hadn't checked and it was down it will reset itself on the next protein. If it's been on and folding and 79hrs is not realistic then FM reinstall on suspect pcs is probably your best solution.

IFMU said:

Foldmonitor rocks, it tells you all kinds of info about the F@H client.

Newbie Doo what I would do (lol, sounds so retarded) is to halt all the clients and fold monitor, then restart them all at once and then restart fold monitor right before you go to bed for the night. Then when you wake up or before you use ANY of the computers next time, check their stats. If I play AVP2 or RTCW with the client open, obviously my average times skyrocket because of the CPU utilization of the game. The only way it will give you perfectly accurate figures is if the client is allowed to run unhindered, getting all the CPU cycles it can.

I re-installed the clients in two of the three boxes (and got bba5s. :eek: ) and let the other one continue folding. All is well now. One of the clients was hiccupping-recycling frames-I think I got a bad unit. Anyway...all is better now.

Back