• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron Cooling Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ashura

1. What range would you say are decent\acceptable idle and load temps for a non-OCed Duron?

2. Does it matter if small amounts of the thermal compound gets on the parts of the CPU other then the die?

3. The Duron die is pink. Is it supposed to be like that or is it some sort of layer that I'm supposed to remove?

Thanks in advanced - Ashura

Unless it really looks like there's something that needs to be removed (plastic or something) then you shouldn't have to remove anything. A lot of cores are a reddish color.

Decent/acceptaple load temps shouldn't exceed 50C or so. 55C would be alright, but 50C or less is recommended.

You should avoid getting thermal compound on everything that's not the die. Some compounds can be conductive and *might* bridge something. Better safe than sorry...just wipe away anything that isn't on the die.

I see, thanks for the response. Is there anything specfic I should use to wipe off the compound or can I just use paper towels?

Ashura said:
I see, thanks for the response. Is there anything specfic I should use to wipe off the compound or can I just use paper towels?

q-tips and rubbing alcohol work great for me. paper towls and tissues just tend to smear it more.

Back