• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dvd burning prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crisis757

Registered
Just installed a Sony 14a Dvd Burnerto my dads pc. He has burnt several CD no problems.

When it comes to burning DVD's copies image to drive it then asks him to out in blank disc. Does this then doesnt get as far as writing the lead in. Computer hangs and then has to be reset. He is using nero 6. At first i thought it was this. Got him to try DVD shrink this hung in the same place. Any clues as to where to start to look.

Dont know if this has anything to do with it but when playing DVD the play back is quite jerky.

Now your going to ask me for PC spec and i have to say Im not sure. I thing its a p800 with 256mb ram. 32mb graphics card, so should burn with know probs except being a bit slow.

Got him to try burning at 1x still hung
Thanks

try differnet media - alot of dvd burners are very picky about what types of blanks you use in them.

Also try burning @ slower speeds - one 4x dvd burner i had said my 160g WD 8mb could not provide info fast enough to burn @ 4x..lol

Back