• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dye lite with a blue ccfl?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n_ick2000

I am considering going water cooling some day, and one of the things that I want to do is use the dye-lite to make the water glow. Everything I read says that you are supposed to use a black light to make it glow. Well, I just saw this on koolance.com:

Dye-Lite is a popular liquid dye which fluoresces under UV or blue light, normally used in leak detection. Coming this fall, Koolance will add Dye-Lite to the original coolant solution for PC systems. To take advantage of this effect, you will need blue or UV neon lighting in the system

So, will using a blue ccfl really work to make it glow? If so, will it work a good as a uv?

The best thing to do would be to have a blue light and a UV light in your case, if you want the blue glow of the light that is. Although with a black light the glow from the tubing should almost light the case.

WyrmMaster said:
The best thing to do would be to have a blue light and a UV light in your case, if you want the blue glow of the light that is. Although with a black light the glow from the tubing should almost light the case.

I wouldn't suggest doing that personally. I tried that myself, and the blue was bright enough that I couldn't see the dye glow at all. It was rather disappointing to say the least.

Back