• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6600 Dry Ice Cooled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sean_Best said:
I knew about it not being a 24/7 setup, I can get dryice at a local ice cream distributor here, I was just owndering about prices. Thanks guys. And Dominick, how much is a good phase change setup?

Sean,
I would recommend the member Jinu117 for a killer phase change setup. He is currently modifying my Vapochill Lightspeed with a new compressor, re-gas, re-tune, panaflo fans, and a desuperheater. It should lower actual temps a good 10 to 15 degrees on the evap.

Jinu makes custom single stage phase change units that he retails for anywhere from $600 to $800 depending on the configuration. His screen name on this board is Jinu117. You can get a killer unit for around $650.

The other choice is what myself and Epox have: Vapochill LS or a Prometia MachI. They both retail for around $1000 :bang head but can be purchased used for around $350 to $600 depending on condition.

The setups I mentioned are single stage setups and should get you LCD temps of around -47*C to -52*C idling at stock voltage on the CPU. And around -58 to -60*C unloaded in ambient air. The LCD temp readouts are very inaccurate so expect to have temps 10 to 20 degrees different than the readout.

My example: My LCD evap readout is -45*C idle. My actual idle CPU temps are -29*C. That is a difference of 16*C from the Vapos LCD. Anyway, when talking single stage phase change we're talking 24/7 365 days a year usage with little to no issues at all. Best bang for the buck cooling. 80% to 100% overclocks are not so few and far between anymore with these.

If you are looking for an ultimate phase cooling device, than look into a custom Cascade Unit. These are multi stage phase change units that bring evap temps close to and sometimes higher than Dry Ice to -90*C to -115*C actual temps. They are very expensive at around $1500 to $2500 average and life expectancy is not always that great.

Thats why a Vapo/Mach or single stage is the way to go. Definitely contact Jinu117 on these boards. He is a pure phase GURU...

Last edited:
Nice job Epox and congrats on both SPi times!! Maybe I need to get some DI fired up soon and see what mine will do on it. 4.65GHz for 32M is outstanding!

Ross said:
Yes I do...guess I should update my non-existent sig, eh? :)

Prolly wouldnt be a bad idea ;)

Cant wait to see some more results ?

Epox, how fast are you running the ram ? Can you get it any faster ?

Kick A$$ !!

:thup: Epox !!!

your REALLY starting to scare me :eek:

:beer:

please try to add MemSet and or a 2nd CPU-Z to your (next set of) screen-shots so we can see what your RAM is doing

Last edited:
Sanded down the base of my 3" brazed copper pot, now it won't hit the caps on the motherboard, I just need more dry ice so I can give it a try.

Back