• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Emergency: WC worst case scenario!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You can buy water displacer from the auto parts store. It's basically a hydrocarbon (like alcohol) in an aerosol can. It blasts the moisture away and then evaporates very quickly.

sucky noob said:
i took out the video card, and tried booting, this time the the HDD's and roms started up and lights started blinking, but no beep. So ive made progress. Another question, will the comp even beep if theres no display device? if not, then my comp could be fine, i just wouldnt know till i get a new card.

You won't POST with no gfx card, and no you won't get a beep...

well thats good to know. that means that it may not be busted after all.

I forgot to mention the icing on the whole "i roxxord my own computer" cake.

When i went to take the water block off, apparently the low temps and made the thermal grease really hard, so when i pulled the water block off, it RIPPED THE CPU OUT OF THE LOCKED SOCKET!!!!!!. A couple of rows of pins were bent, but i painstakingly took an hour and a half and bent them all back. The cpu now fits in there, with some help, but it doesnt drop right in like a new one would.

You should have heard the explicatives that came out of my mouth when i saw what i had done. My wife woke up to FFF********************KKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!.

LOL IT WORKED!!!! I got my new card today, and it posted!!! sweet!!!! THanks for all the help guys!

sucky noob said:
LOL IT WORKED!!!! I got my new card today, and it posted!!! sweet!!!! THanks for all the help guys!
I seriously hope I can have the luck you had... I woke up to find a puddle of water on my AIW 9800pro this morning... No post, no beeps, fans run.

Glad your rig works :D

Back