• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

equinox! Challange accepted!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
what cpu is in that. I would be tempted to back the cpu down to 2 cores or maybe no cpu folding at all. 3 gpus folding might need a bit of cpu headroom.

It's a core i7- 920 at stock speed. I reduced it down to 5 cores so that each card could have a core to itself.

if it were mine I would drop the cpu to 2. even at smp5 it cant be producing more than 8k ppd. I think the gain in gpu production would more than make up for it.

if it were mine I would drop the cpu to 2. even at smp5 it cant be producing more than 8k ppd. I think the gain in gpu production would more than make up for it.

How do I know you're not trying to handicap me? :snipe: jk. I know you're helping.

What I'll do is run it like this for a bit and see what it averages out to. Then I will cut it down and look again. I had tried something similar before but with my cards not running full on, I should try it again.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

:santa2::cheers:

Two of my GPUs picked up WU's that produce very low ppd. This happened shortly around the time I dropped my CPU to 2 cores. I'll let it goe for a few days and see how it evens out.

Well. when everything setteled out, reducing my CPU cores did not make a difference. I had the CPU set to -1 before which automatically set the CPU at 5 cores in use. I then set it to 2 cores. Woth no difference in the GPUs, I put the CPU back to -1 which is auto-config and it's back to using 5 cores.

im beginning to feel like a pinball. last night im in 9th for ppd avg and this morning im in 12th with don in 11th and showing up on my threat list. time to solve this problem.

don_zpsf7a497f6.jpg
you are on my threat list ! good job bud. not for long though, 280x inbound.

Not to worry. I don't lead a healthy lifestyle so rest assured that I will not live 21.8 years more. Problem solved. I have two low ppd cards I'm trying to figure out how I want them installed. Those will only give a modest boost if I ever got to it.

I've been looking at another 280x myself but have yet to pull that trigger. You might be that "gun to my head" that makes me do it.

I realize that I used a gun metaphor in both the positive and negative. Does that qualify as a mixed metaphor?

I have parts for a socket 1155 build. I was given a core i7-2600 (Not k or y or anything. Just 2600.) It's only slightly better than my current i7-920 so I won't be building a new gamming rig.

I've look at mainboards for the 1155 and retail is still salty. I only just glossed over ebay sales and perhaps I could get a good deal that way. Then I'd have to get a new power supply and three new GPU's. See the problem? I can't be spending that much cash all the time. :)

we'll just settle in at 8 and 9 for bit, bounce back and forth for a while and maybe knock farwalker down a couple of spots. sounds fun to me.

we'll just settle in at 8 and 9 for bit, bounce back and forth for a while and maybe knock farwalker down a couple of spots. sounds fun to me.

OK. Farwalker it is. Sorry farwalker. I'm going to set my sites on farwalker and see if I can match that production. No promises.

OK. Full disclosure. I just bought a new (to me) MB on fleabay. I will install my core i7-2600 and 6 GB RAM into that machine. For starters, I'll install my nvidia 460 1 GB and 560 Ti. As time an money allow, I'll get hte 80+ gold (or platinum) power supply and three equal AMD cards depending on market price at the time I'm ready to buy. For now, it will be a small bump up but in time, I could hit the 900k ppd.

While I am out producing you in ppd, for now, I'm still about 99 million points down from you. I have no doubt that you will take back the ppd lead. As history has shown from me, my newly introduced ppd gain will be a few months coming before its fully up and running. If you're going to pile on the points, you'd better make it good 'cause I'm coming on strong.

P.S. My new board may arrive on Friday. I have yet to select a power supply and/or graphics cards.

P.P.S. I need to select a new OS. I'm thinking some flavor of Linux since I've done very little with Linux in the past. Installing is easy enough but getting programs to load has been very hit or miss for me. I'll start a new thread asking for recomendations.

Back