• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eset - Awesome Customer Service

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barryng

For a number of years I have been a user of Eset NOD on all our computers. Yesterday Eset proved themselves to be clearly the best and locked me in as a loyal customer.

The Tracur Trojan infected my computer. Eset effectively prevented attempts by the Trojan to communicate but was unable to remove it in spite of a number of long in-depth scans. The scans consistently found and removed "Infiltrated" files but the infection persistently returned. Spybot found nothing and Adaware was also ineffective permanently removing it. I called Eset (on the tech service number that is refreshingly readily found on their web site) and was pleasantly rewarded with, a not unreasonable wait time even though the recording said it might be a long time, truly competent and very knowledgeable technicians, technicians in the USA with English as their native language, and a resolution to the problem. I did not note how long the total phone time was but it was not short. Nevertheless, there was no charge as this support is available to all customers.

They successfully removed the Trojan but found it is a new variant. They had to do it manually as the software tools did not recognize this latest variant. I was also impressed when I found out the information discovered will appear in a signature update in a few days.

I want to note, another major player in the security arena charges $99.99 for exactly what Eset did for no charge and they use technicians in India (I asked when researching the alternatives I had to fix the problem).

That's pretty awesome. I've never had any experience with them, except for a very pretty marketing gal from Eset that I sat next to on a plane once :) haha.
But now I get to go research more about that Trojan. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like Eset has the right idea by providing good software, great support, and having hot marketing employees.

Brian

I switched to ESET Nod 4 recently, i had Avast! and as soon as i put ESET on i found about 4 back doors, which makes sense because iv'e recently had about 4 game accounts (Free 2 play games i was trying) compromised, one of them (Perfect World) Both my wife and me have lost our accounts and we spent over $1000 between both of us, iv'e been trying to talk to customer support from PWE for the last week and got no reply yet, someone actually went in and changed my default email so i couldn't recover the account.

Once it found those i just wiped and reinstalled ESET i have a much better piece of mind, iv'e visited some of my regular forums and found they have ads with virus', even though they are legit.

Already long story short, i called Avast up (even though it says USA/Canada) I had to ask the guy "What?" ... "Huh?" several times because his accent was extremely thick with Indian, i have no real problem with outsourcing, but that's just awful, i ended up getting transfered because he said "Dis is nawt teh compraint desk sur, Huld un one moment while i tranfur you" pretty much sounded like that, i hung up while it was on hold and didn't turn back. Customer Service = Customer Service the last time i checked, a department just for complaints is redundant, that or he was lazy and couldn't understand me either.

Back