• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ESP8266 NodeMCU CP2102

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

Any one here can help? I bought some ESP8266 NodeMCU and Wled strip. I download the ESPHome Flasher and Wled ESP8266 .bin file. I connect a mini usb cable to the ESP8266 and my computer. I should get a solid blue light on ESP8266 indicate it is connect to the computer but instead I see 3x flashing and disappear . There is no signal to the computer and the ESPHome flasher Serial Port not showing any com# . I download driver and installed but in device manager I don't see any com port present. I have attach some pic. What is going on?

Attachments

• com1.png
    com1.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 4
Ah, finally I found it. It is under hidden device. But Its still not getting a solid blue light is due to code 45 error. I think I need to buy a new min usb cable. will update this soon.

Attachments

• com 5.png
    com 5.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 6
That is. A new micro usb cable finally got it to connect. Previously tried 2 different one and did not work.

That looks like something fun to play around with (just watched a video setting one up). Glad you got it figured out. Are you using it for case lighting or some other lighting?

The new micro USB cable is working and it recognized as com6. I was able to load in the Wled software and saved. But for whatever reasons it's failed to connect to wled server. I had tried a total of 3 different esp2866 board got the same failed to connect. I bought 16.4 ft of wled with 300 led wanting to try out their cool light effects but I am now at a dead end.

Back