• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Experiment! Condensation question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

I am thinking about doing a little experiment tomorrow on my day off. Since I live in Canada, and it is cold out right now (-20 C) I am going to put my computer in the garage and see how much higher I can clock my xp-1700 agoga. Will I have condensation problems, and will I risk destroying yet another Athlon XP?

Thanks.

(The garage is only about -12 C according to the LED in my car, the windchill outside makes it colder.)

No, condensation shouldn't become a problem until you bring it back inside the house.

As it's running in the garage, it will have warm surfaces in a cold atmosphere, to get condensation requires the opposite...cold surfaces in a warm atmosphere.
When you bring it back inside, leave it open and unplugged overnite, maybe sitting in front of a heater vent to assist in drying it out. You'll even see the case fog over as you walk it in the door.

Have fun, and have patience!

Back