• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F.E.A.R. bench scores 7900GT (1.4 v-modded)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alchemy1

These are the scores I got from my volt modded (1.4v core) 7900GT running at 650/898...1680x1050 resolution. Not bad if you ask me. I still wish I could get 700 core out of this card, but I guess this is good for now. I may still move to a 7900GTX(higher clocks and more ram) or x1900xt(maybe too hot) later in the summer.
untitled.jpg

try 1.5v if you have decent cooling on the card, it is rather easy to go 1.4v -> 1.5v

It's too hot (I live in SC) and I don't want to run that much voltage through my card. I have the cooling, but this summer is going to be hotter than usual. It has already been 90F a few times. Is that what you did? I see you are running at 730. What kind of FPS are you seeing in games and at what resolution?

yes I got about 690 out of the core with 1.4v and can do 730-740 with 1.5v.

I usually play 1600x1200 with atleast 4x AA 8x AF without any trouble. I'll have to run the FEAR benchmark again, I don't remember the score

Seems like you got a better card than I did. I can't really do over 658 without getting artifacts in atitool.

Yeah, I did it myself and it was as easy as can be. As I said in the voltmod section of this forum...the only part that sucks is you have to spend $13USD on a conductive pen and you only use a tiny amount of the in for the mod. Here is a pic that you can use to do the mod. I used a conductive ink pen (blotted a pool out on a piece of paper) and a toothpick. The reason I did it this way is because you are working in a small area and I wanted to make sure I got the ink where I wanted it and no place else. If you do the mod beware of getting conductive ink on your hand and touching the card.
7900vmod_diag.jpg

Alchemy1 said:
Yeah, I did it myself and it was as easy as can be. As I said in the voltmod section of this forum...the only part that sucks is you have to spend $13USD on a conductive pen and you only use a tiny amount of the in for the mod. Here is a pic that you can use to do the mod. I used a conductive ink pen (blotted a pool out on a piece of paper) and a toothpick. The reason I did it this way is because you are working in a small area and I wanted to make sure I got the ink where I wanted it and no place else. If you do the mod beware of getting conductive ink on your hand and touching the card.
7900vmod_diag.jpg

Hey Do you have a picture on how to get 1.5v Alchemy? Also would it be better to soldier a wire or is the conductive pen good?

This gives 1.5v, of course, you don't need 2 seperate lines, you can just connect both solder points

edit: used my leet photoshop skillz ;)

Attachments

• 7900vmod_diag.jpg
    7900vmod_diag.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 195
Codeman05 said:
This gives 1.5v, of course, you don't need 2 seperate lines, you can just connect both solder points

thnx Codeman. I have ViperJohn-Supersink's and DD maze4 lp, I think im gonna get a 7900gt and give voltmodding a go :attn:

-aDaM^ said:
Hey Do you have a picture on how to get 1.5v Alchemy? Also would it be better to soldier a wire or is the conductive pen good?

The pen is just fine.

Codeman05 said:

very nice. I am thinking oif going SLI with two 7900GTs. I have to bad *** coolers waiting too :santa2:

Sorry kind of random but I'm setting up my own system soon here and I had a question on whether to setup the 7900gt sli or 7900gtx...I see that your getting about 20-30% more fps with sli(anandtech)...I'm curious, is it worth the extra after market GPU cooler($30) and $80 for 2 more 7900gts?...so an extra $110 for 2-7900gts volt modded in sli running at like 700/900 a piece....or just get the 7900gtx and volt mod that?

OR just get a 7900gt and volt mod that then wait til the dx10 cards come out and buy a new one? I figure the tests I saw is 450/660 ...if I get a card to 700/900 thats like a 50% better card right? ADVICE!

Last edited:
Back