• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fable: How do you change your nickname?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Amino said:
How the heck do you buy a house in this game???

when you go to teleport you can view the info regarding the dif town... ie: houses for sale, barbers etc etc. i just bought a house in one of the towns and got married, my character even got l**d rofl. you can even buy shops... the barber shop in one of the towns in my game is fs but they want 16k gold for it.

finally got passed the HITS door... i didn't know that you had to actually strike the stones with your sword.

this game is definitely filling the hole a little bit that wow left.

Amino said:
How the heck do you buy a house in this game???

I thought you bought them by clicking on that sign outside the house that is for sale.

If it doesn't have a sign, kill the owner and it will be up for sale soon.

Yea, you buy a house by hitting A while looking @ the sign outside the house. It'll give you a dialogue asking you if you want to buy the house. Then you can spend extra $$$ decroating it. I got a wife and a house in Bowerstone South... haven't got a second one yet. Might be kind of cool to just carry a bunch of wedding rings around and just start handing them out to women in the game. lol

2 more questions:

-Where can you find the person to buy a new nickname from??? (which area in game)
-Is there anywhere in game where you can buy extra silver keys??? I heard there's a killer legendary weapon in the silver chest @ the Hero's Guild, but you need ~20 keys to unlock it.

anyone know where to find lady grey's necklace? i've been looking around oakvale for almost an hour now, talked to everyone etc and have gone nowhere.

Banyan said:
anyone know where to find lady grey's necklace? i've been looking around oakvale for almost an hour now, talked to everyone etc and have gone nowhere.

K

Go to the cemetary in Oakvale. There are 2 ppl talking in there... you have to kind of look around for them. You'll hear them talking/whispering when you get in there. Once you find them, they'll try to play it off like they weren't saying anything. They're standing w/ their backs to a wall. Run around behind the wall. By the time you get there they're probably talking again, and most likely they'll hear you again. Walk just far enough away from them to get them to start talking again, and sneak up right next to the wall they're standing by. You should be able to hear everything they say if you do it right.

If you haven't figured out the finer points of sneaking yet, click in and hold the left thumbstick down while you're walking.

-=[edit]=-

I think I may also have figured out the deal w/ the sword in the stone. I kept pumping Physique levels into my guy. Each time, I'd try it out to see if I could get the sword. It was always a no go. Immediately after attempting to pull it out, I'd hear a villager say "Maybe if you were a little stronger." So I did some more quests, etc, and now my character is a certifiable bad ***. I've got him maxxed out w/ Physique attribute. I tried again w/ my newly found strength. Still no dice. But this time, the villiager said, "maybe if you were tougher." (hinting that maybe I need to up my Toughness skill) So off to adventuring I go again. I'm thinking you might have to max out all your Strength attributes to be able to pull that damned thing out of the rock.

Last edited:
lol thx for the reply... finally passed that part. this game is pretty crazy because there is pretty good reason to grind like you would almost in a mmorpg.

when i'm done witht he main plot i guess i'll try and get all the keys and attempt to collect all the legendary weapons.

Last edited:
Well, I finally managed to get the sword out of the stone at the Avo temple. The trick is that the game remembers your strength stats from the time you first attempted to remove the sword from the stone, so you have to improve your Physique by 5, toughness by 3 and Health by 2. Or just max them out, like I had to max out Psysique because the frist time i tried to pull the sword which is called Harbringer my Phys. was 6 hehe and it cost me a pretty penny experiance wise to do so. The sword is pretty impressive though :burn:

Also while you're at the Temple of Avo if you donate a large sum of money, and I mean LARGE like 32K or more you will get a great mace Sentimus. I myself havent worked on getting this weapon (mainly because I'm evil and donating at Avo Temple gives you good points), but my wife spent almost 100k in there , and from all of those donatins she got the mace, about 5-10 years of aging taken off of her and around 70k she recieved the title of Paladin.

Anyhow, she finished the game and has done alot more 2nd time around so if you guys get stuck or have questions, just hollar cause I dont wanna put too many unnecessary if I dont have to.

K, I'm out.

~Peace

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice Grey. I'm still working on getting a pretty big sum of money in that game. How are you guys going about making your buxx??? Just from questing? Or are you trading @ all?? I've thought about doing that, but haven't quite figured out where to start, what to buy, where to take it, etc. But I suppose since you're evil, you've probably killed whole towns of ppl, bought all the buildings and rented them out, yes??? Maybe I'll do that. I should hit some towns and buy the empty houses and rent them...

The way I make $$$ I rob the merchants blind at night (pick lock and grab everything that isnt bolted down), do that 2-3 times a night cause every time you leave the zone and come back everything is re-stocked. Then when morning comes you sell all the junk back to the merchants.

I havent gone as far as bringin down armageddon on an entire town...yet, but I am renting out a couple of houses which brings in decent cash

Sweet. I'll definitely try that when I play the game as an evil character again. Right now, my character is good aligned... and a switch this late in the game might be kind of weird. :p

For now, I think maybe I'll give trading a shot and rent out some vacant buildings.

-=[edit]=-

Bah! I tried trading, and ended up not making much money. I've got 2 houses for rent right now too. Not much else, other than questing to pay the bills. :p

On a positive note, I finally did get the sword out of the stone. It's a really kick *** sword. Very nice. Also, if you have 20 silver keys, open the silver chest @ the Hero's Guild. It's got an awesome greathammer in there. Wielding that thing I usually dish out ~500 damage each time I hit. :D

Last edited:
What is with the grey hair in my char? He is halfway good aligned and I pump most my exp into strength/guile/speed. He also has a lot of scars on his face? (does this mean I suckl?) I also walk around in assasin gear if that makes a difference.

You get grey hair as you get more good points and older I think. When you're good all the way you get white hair, blue eyes, a halo, and if you fight a lot, tons of scars. If you're evil, you bald and no haircut will help.

Well I'll be...i just beat it again being as evil as I humanly could, anyhow at the end I just let the credits roll when I came back I was back in the game. Apparently if you sit though the credits you can continue the game.

You will not be able to accept any guild quests but you can still do the side quests and just wonder the wast lands of Albion gaining more wealth,power and renown. :)

~cheers

Back