• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FAH SMP Client v6.22 MPICH2 Install Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ttt... don't want this getting lost... still need to do some final edits... sorry guys, just been busy. ;)

remember the good ol' days of Wedo's 1-click?

this is just ridiculous

here i am wanting to help the cause and they make it fricking impossible for a simple joe (camel) to get SMP going

ive followed this guide and (the very similar one on the F@H forums) and NOTHING works

am i screwed AGAIN with my OS of win2kPro or am i just a computer tard?

i get to the -configonly part and all i get is "this beta expired on Aug 8 2008" (not quite word for word)

with everything in my life (and the world) going to hell in a hand basket right now, im not really too surprised but id like to get some use out of all the C2D's i (specifically) bought @ work to SMP (B4 were all bankrupt or bought out)

edit:
ALL these PC's were running SMP B4 these new clients came out so .net2 , administrator password etc is all in place

Last edited:
this is just ridiculous

here i am wanting to help the cause and they make it fricking impossible for a simple joe (camel) to get SMP going

ive followed this guide and (the very similar one on the F@H forums) and NOTHING works

am i screwed AGAIN with my OS of win2kPro or am i just a computer tard?

i get to the -configonly part and all i get is "this beta expired on Aug 8 2008" (not quite word for word)

with everything in my life (and the world) going to hell in a hand basket right now, im not really too surprised but id like to get some use out of all the C2D's i (specifically) bought @ work to SMP

I know your pain. The guys at F@H said their next big goal is to make installing these clients much easier and to make a better program all together, hopefully soon.

I have no idea about Win2k Joe... that's just stupid if there is an OS limitation and the error message shows you an expiration date. The only reason I could see that being viable is if Pande is trying to phase out older OS's for compatibility reasons.

Ahh, now I see that Win2k is not listed as a supported OS for the new SMP clients... so that's probably it. I thought there might have been an environment variable that defined OS version... but it just says "Windows_NT". I'm thinking there has to be a way to trick the client into thinking it's running on XP... however, again, that would be completely against Stanford Usage Terms... so I'm not going to recommend that either.

Updated - now links to version 6.23 client installer and executable. :)

Back