• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fear

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dan0512

Hello, I just got FEAR this evening. Which graphic settings would you recommend?

BTW, don't know, but the graphics don't look that all great to me (like 1st level city, you can't compare it to c17), and it's can be very laggy. Currently at high physics and medium graphics.

Dan

F.E.A.R is a very demanding game. If you want it to look its best you need a beefy system...the graphics will look awesome. If your laggy do a auto detect in the settings, and it should tailor the grahpics for you to get the best possible FPS without it looking too crappy

Don't use auto detect unless you don't feel like taking the time playing around with settings. Auto detect usually gives you very conservative settings. Play around with your settings and use the test feature until you find a settings that give you the performance you're looking for.

shadows seem to be the harshest setting for me framerate wise, soft shadowing is a complete no go whilst I find medium quality shadows a nice performance / visual quality trade off - havent really noticed anything else that impacts performance enough to set it down from high

soft shadows is first on your list. I have read at anandtech they say it will look better at a higher res, than at a lower res with more aa/af. I have to agree with them mostly. like half life 2 there aren't too many jaggies to be found.

Well I have the Physics set to max, the graphics set to medium (800x600 :(), but some options at max. The timedemo w/those settings delivered no less than 30 FPS. But in the game it is laggy like hell. I will try to set the physics to see if it helps.

Dan

Back