• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

File corruption with shitty 512 SD Micro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

P A U L

Registered
How bad could SD chip tech possibly be that when I got one for $15 -- lol -- whenever i put files in there, it becomes corrupt and 0 bytes. Still in the storage apparently, yet invisible in File Explorer only for it to disappear completly (cleaned away i guess) after chkdsk.

I look at a brand name (sandisk/samsung) micro SD of 512gb, it's like 60$+++ with 10k+ reviews non citing corruption errors.

</rant>

Yep, any form of storage is a ticking time bomb, in some cases, you are given a warning, and in others, especially anything flash-based [SD, USB, SSD, NVME, etc] there's generally no warning and it stops working. That's why it is important to have regular [tested] backups of any data you deem important.

So...Just understanding you right, you got a $15 512gb card and it's corrupting?

Fake card, not bad tech.

The $60+ Samsung/SD cards are more likely to be the real deal.

Back