• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finaly SLI'ed 7800GT's .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sobe said:
Nice. I recently tried SLI myself with 2x 7900GT cards. I only saw a 5-10FPS increase in games, as well as nothing different. And, with SLI I saw more bugs in games as well. Such as the ground in CounterStrike Source, it looked different colours(green, red, silver) when it's suppose to be dirt/dust... Yet, with 1x 7900GT it plays perfect :O

Good job though, as long as they are working for you :)

One card might be bad, 7900GTs are known to have horrid artifacting issues. Try them both individually.

I volt modded my 7800GT's (got one of them from SoulFly, I think). Currently at 500/1200 and have not tried to go any higher yet...... The rest of the system is in my sig.

Getting 7600 in 3D06 wirh Firefox and 2 FAH clients running during test along with AV, Firewall, etc.

I'm going to try to push the OC over the next few days. Temps are around 60c full load using stock coolers with AS5. Any one know at what temp I should begin to worry/back off?

orion25 said:
I volt modded my 7800GT's (got one of them from SoulFly, I think). Currently at 500/1200 and have not tried to go any higher yet...... The rest of the system is in my sig.

Getting 7600 in 3D06 wirh Firefox and 2 FAH clients running during test along with AV, Firewall, etc.

I'm going to try to push the OC over the next few days. Temps are around 60c full load using stock coolers with AS5. Any one know at what temp I should begin to worry/back off?
personally i don't like it when my card's start getting near the 80c mark. anything below 80 is ok imo ...

Burnt_Ram said:
personally i don't like it when my card's start getting near the 80c mark. anything below 80 is ok imo ...

I'm more impartial to saying 70-75c is the max. Giving a few degree buffer due to innacuracies of built in temp probes.

So how do I do a volt mod ? won't that fry the video card as well? how can I get more for less out of thies 2 video cards .
see one is a BFG 7800GT/OC the other is a evga video card . so what can I do ?

Back