• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First 3dmark w/ new 9800 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Andy71600

This is just my first bench with my brand new 9800 pro :)
Im not sure if its any good, this is with the card oc'd a little... So there is more potential!!

Edit: The card actually is o/cd a little, but not much ;)

Last edited:
scores seem alittle low for a slightly OCed card.

maybe you need to OC that CPU for the true performance to show.

what drivers?

mica

hmm thats what i thought, ill o/c my cpu some more... I just had it this low from teh summer and havent changed it once ;)

ill get back with some more scores later tonight!

They are teh 3.10 beta drivers, fyi.

omg rofl. you just beat me and my core was 2400 mhz. thats sooo your gpu core and memory talking. my np doesnt seem to want to do more than 330 memory. im wondering if flashing to pro bios would be worth it, or even xt.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7269646

you beat my *** in 2003 thought. mine will chop really badly if i dont run a high cpu speed... im determined to get nature to run without lag. thats my mission in life =]

Valk it might help couldnt get no more than 312mhz on mem and now ive flashed the bios i can get up to 340mhz i think but off course i dont run it like that :p

19k on a 9800 non pro isnt gonna be easy. youd need above pro clocks and like 220+ fsb. I plan to get like 17k on my ti4200 though ;)

i say you never get above 16k with your 4200. your cpu is pretty much maxed. i dont see you getting much higher without some SERIOUS mods. aka volt mods, water cooling, etc.

my cpu is maxed but im getting a new ti4200 and an nf7-s with very high fsb, I hope

oh and interesting avator. poor little girl :eek:

Overclocker550 said:
19k on a 9800 non pro isnt gonna be easy. youd need above pro clocks and like 220+ fsb. I plan to get like 17k on my ti4200 though ;)

Not necessarly true, with my 9800 pro I got 19455 at 204fsb.

see instead of spending the money on yet another ti4200, and mobo, you could have almost had enough for a 9700. which would have been much better. but whatever, its your money. you sput all these claims about cards not being worth it, but you WASTE money on a card you already have, and a mobo you dont need. why is that "worth it" but somebody who wants to upgrade their card, that is not worth it? ohhh, i know because you are stuck on the ti4200 and 3dmark2k1. :rolleyes: somehow that is WORTH IT, for you to buy another card and mobo so your score will increase in a damned benchmark, but for someone coming from a ti200 and wanting to play games, it is not worth it to upgrade to a 9700 or 9800? i dont know how you rationalize things. you can talk about price, and whatever else you want, but the simple fact is, you could have bought a 9700 instead of the new card and mobo, and your scores would have increased, as well as your overall gaming experience.like i said its your money, do as you wish with it, but stop telling people what is worth it and what is not worth it, it is getting VERY old. "worth" is completely subjctive. you are willing to spend money on a new card and mobo, that will have very little increase to your overall gaming experience, and you think that is worth it. im going out on a limb here, but i am going to say that most other people will agree with me on this one in saying that, it is not worth it.

-edit-
by the way, the avatar is a picture from maddox's site.

Last edited:
"you could have bought a 9700 instead of the new card and mobo"

I am selling my old ti4200 that does 290/600 for a new one thatll do 340/700 and also my old one is 64mb, the new one is 128mb!!!!! a 9700 would set me back $200 and if I didnt upgrade my other components, my card would be bottlenecked by old hardware. Itll be the strongest link in my pc. and yes I will game with this ti4200 after breaking 17k marks sure I could probably get 17k marks now with a 9700 pro but 17k on a ti4200 is much more impressive and also games like a fast cpu. I have no need for a 9700 pro, im getting a SUPER DUPER fast ti4200!!!!!!!!!!

like i said, it is not worth it. its not even worth the trouble of setting up the new hardware, for an increase you will never notice. like i also said, its your money, so do as you please. but dont sit there and say it isnt worth it for someone else to spend money an a card, when you think it is worth it to spend more money on hardware that will make a small increase in performance.

God damnit, i just baught ram too, too bad it will be a limiting factor to breaking the 20k berrier :( when i 3d mark should i do it in single channel mode? i think my ram will do 220 in single mode, it does 217 in dual, but i havent really tried to push it in favour of keeping the timings strict. my micron ram did 2.5-2-3-6 or somthing, this ram should be able to beat that at 220 mhz <_<.

is there a way to flash the bios WITHOUT a floppy drive? I managed to get my score over 20k, but only in 640x380, my non standard score if you will.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7269689

Back