• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The coarse one should be an ODD screw, and the fine one should be for putting a HDD on a tray.

ODD = optical disc drive?

So if one of the bags is for the disc drive, and the other one for the HDD. What the heck do I use to screw down the motherboard?

Yes, ODD is optical.

Oh, I thought you meant besides the motherboard screws.
The larger are most likely for the motherboard then. There should be 9 (maybe 10 if they sent an extra) of which ever is for the motherboard.

Yes, ODD is optical.

Oh, I thought you meant besides the motherboard screws.
The larger are most likely for the motherboard then. There should be 9 (maybe 10 if they sent an extra) of which ever is for the motherboard.

So the ones with the larger heads and lower thread are for the mobo then? If that's the case I'm going to go ahead and install the mobo. Hoping a blunt knife will work for screwing as I don't have a tool kit ..

Just found yet another bag of screws. Four super long ones. Came with the case. They for the PSU?

So the ones with the larger heads and lower thread are for the mobo then? If that's the case I'm going to go ahead and install the mobo. Hoping a blunt knife will work for screwing as I don't have a tool kit ..

Just found yet another bag of screws. Four super long ones. Came with the case. They for the PSU?

Manual

Read this, it should list the parts.

Don't know what the long screws are for. Hex screws are for psu. Small round screws are for motherboard.

6-32 is 6-32 is 6-32, long as they aren't fine threaded odd screws then they work fine for everything no matter the head.

Hey again OC! None of the screws are hex. Looking at the manual did the trick. The four long screws are for the fans, and the smaller headed screws are for the mobo and hdd. Big headed for the odd/ssd.

Town tomorrow for a toolkit. More pics will follow no doubt.

Hey again OC! None of the screws are hex. Looking at the manual did the trick. The four long screws are for the fans, and the smaller headed screws are for the mobo and hdd. Big headed for the odd/ssd.

Town tomorrow for a toolkit. More pics will follow no doubt.

Toolkit in hand. Motherboard installed. Another one for you guys. Does it matter which way you plug in the "power LED+/reset sw/power sw" and so forth? Far as I can tell they all go in the same port but it doesn't say which way the text should be (facing out or in?). Thanks.

It matters. One side is negative, one side is positive. I believe on the connector the one with the triangle is positive. Your manual has the pinout for the ones on the board if they are not color coded and obvious already.

It matters. One side is negative, one side is positive. I believe on the connector the one with the triangle is positive. Your manual has the pinout for the ones on the board if they are not color coded and obvious already.

Got it. Have a guide that's very specific about the plus and minus. It was just the text on the plugs themselves that was confusing me. Thanks.

Very proud of myself so thought I'd share some pics. Will do a build thread no doubt when the other parts come. Wanting to paint parts of the case and/or fans at some point. Board and GPU have a black/siver theme going on so perhaps something similar. Though originally wanted red and black. The last pic is cable management, want it to be as neat as possible.

I did this message once but accidentally posted a pic of me in my pants .. hoping no one saw that. :shock:

Attachments

• IMAG0079.jpg
    IMAG0079.jpg
    859.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0083.jpg
    IMAG0083.jpg
    729.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0084.jpg
    IMAG0084.jpg
    784.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMAG0085.jpg
    IMAG0085.jpg
    886.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0086.jpg
    IMAG0086.jpg
    694.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0089.jpg
    IMAG0089.jpg
    714 KB · Views: 19
  • IMAG0088.jpg
    IMAG0088.jpg
    747.5 KB · Views: 17
Thanks OC. Will likely update in a couple of weeks when the rest of it gets bought. :thup:

Back