• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First PC Mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alcsi69

Hey guys!

I'm planning my first case mod, because I'm a littlebit bored, and I didn't really like the whole extreme-ish OC thingy with my 775 OC rig.
So my question would be: Do you guys usually have a separate computer for the modding, or you just use your regular PC which you use everyday? :)

Both to be completely honest. Nothing wrong with modding everything if it makes it more your style.

In the past I tended to mod the machine that I was using. My daily driver if you will. You could find a case that you want to mod, mod it then transfer your gear into it if you want. There is no wrong way to mod if it serves its purpose.

These days, my "mod" is a windowless case, no lights and as silent as I can get it based on the need of the gear in it.

I have more ideas, so that's why I asked, wheter it would be more "efficient" to have a seperate computer for the modding. :D

It would certainly be more convenient not having to tear your 24/7 rig down 15 times to get a mod "just right", but if I cared that much about convenience I'd be hanging around the Dell Forums instead of OCF. :D

Yeah well I have a notebook too, so I can use that while I'm doing the mod. :D
Right now I'm using my notebook, because the 775 OC rig uses my main rigs monitor, so yeah. :p

Some of the best mods/builds I've seen were pre-planned out but the plan remained flexible. There are always unforeseen problems, eerrrr, opportunities with every elaborate mod.

Back